*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Caporegime
Yeah, probably the best time to buy it at the moment. Everyone still doing all the updated content and you can get it for about £20 for the full collection.

The guys in this thread run the raids quite often and they're all sound as a pound.

On the subject of Destiny 2, how does everyone else feel about the PVP going 4 v 4? Kinda liked 6 v 6, especially when all the guys get together for iron banner, maybe that will still be 6 v 6. Trials is good but its very sweaty so you have to be in that frame of mind. I hope they at least sort some servers out wit all the cash they make, hypes gone through the roof. More than D1 I think. Its all because the head of Activision wants to take it the MLG route because Activision have bought a few MLG leagues n what not.

i'm pretty sure they moved to 4 v 4 because we won't be getting any servers.

they must have looked at all the server data then done some calculations and then it looked like 4 v 4 suits most peoples connections without completely ruining the game. what is halo 5 online multiplayer? 8 v 8 and 16 vs 16? BF4 had what 20 vs 20? even socom on the ps2 online multiplayer had 6 v 6.

4 v 4 is going to be interesting. it's going to be like trials. that extra person is going to make quite a difference but at least you can split into 2 teams of 2 for flanks. pushing will be easier and defending harder.

if anything they have just made crucible a lot harder for the average player. people who are bad i imagine will just stop playing after being stomped all the time and go back to PvE.

why can't they just make more different modes or game types? i mean why not have different weekly events where you change the number of players. e.g.1 week have it 1v1 and 6v6. then the next week have it 2v2 and 4v4. then the next week have it 3v3 and 5v5. then go back to the start.

it's a backwards step IMO for the crucible. it's going to make it better for competitive players and harder for the masses. which means SBM is here to stay in order to keep the weaker players still playing. which all the high level players hate.

Soldato
Bought the complete addition of this in the sales a while back. Just in the process of getting better gear. I had played through the story of TTK but never maxed my guys stats. But TROI needs moar light! My guy only has a 250 light rating even though I am lvl 40 with 130 motes of light. Lol. I just never got good gear. Im obviously doing it wrong :p

Been really enjoying myself the last couple of days though.

This is a game I keep coming back to. Theres always something to do. Im a really casual player on this so I have all sorts to go at whenever I play. Time after time this game draws me in. Dare I say it - but perhaps this has to go down as one of my all time favourite games. Ever. I think perhaps the very fact I am casual increases the longevity of this game for me. But dayum its addictive.

So. Much. Content. Many missions. Wow. :p

Caporegime
Bought the complete addition of this in the sales a while back. Just in the process of getting better gear. I had played through the story of TTK but never maxed my guys stats. But TROI needs moar light! My guy only has a 250 light rating even though I am lvl 40 with 130 motes of light. Lol. I just never got good gear. Im obviously doing it wrong :p

Been really enjoying myself the last couple of days though.

This is a game I keep coming back to. Theres always something to do. Im a really casual player on this so I have all sorts to go at whenever I play. Time after time this game draws me in. Dare I say it - but perhaps this has to go down as one of my all time favourite games. Ever. I think perhaps the very fact I am casual increases the longevity of this game for me. But dayum its addictive.

So. Much. Content. Many missions. Wow. :p

you can't be that addicted if your only 250 light and you don't know what lvl or motes of light do.

if you want to get higher light gear then you need to do strikes from the playlist keep on doing the hardest ones you can do. you can also buy much higher gear from the vendors too. then once your high enough do the raids, crucible or iron banner.

the game is dead. i've not played it in weeks and it's been stale for months. i'm even thinking of cancelling my destiny 2 pre order as i think i'm more into PC gaming atm.

Soldato
you can't be that addicted if your only 250 light and you don't know what lvl or motes of light do.

if you want to get higher light gear then you need to do strikes from the playlist keep on doing the hardest ones you can do. you can also buy much higher gear from the vendors too. then once your high enough do the raids, crucible or iron banner.

the game is dead. i've not played it in weeks and it's been stale for months. i'm even thinking of cancelling my destiny 2 pre order as i think i'm more into PC gaming atm.

It being addictive does not mean I am addicted. But when I do have a go I tend to play for several hours at a time with a "just one more" mentality.

My light level is, as described, due to me being a casual player and the fact I dont really care for multiplayer coop on strikes / raids etc etc. So I dont tend to bother. Im at the point now, though, where I dont think I have much choice unfortunately. I know what motes of light do I just dont tend to bother. My point was more that I have earned a lot since reaching level 40.

You seem a little bitter over Destiny.

Fortunately for me it isn't stale. The benefit of being a lowly casual I guess :)

Caporegime
I'm not bitter it's just that it had the engine and the mechanics to be one of the best games ever.

PvE it's all about doing the same stuff over and over again. Once you have done VoG , Crota, et al 30 times each your pretty much bored. There should be a new raid every 3 months rather than 6 months. Content and story is just so limited for a game that expects you to play it for say 12+ hours a week.

PvP is just so boring. Not enough game modes. Terrible weapons patches. No focus on what they are trying to do. It just seems to be completely random weapons and subclass nerfs that are too long between them. I enjoyed 6's and tbh for destiny 2 I would have preferred them add more players and choices rather than well 4v4 is the maximum. It's edging towards competition yet weapons aren't balanced and neither are subclasses.

I think I have made up my mind tbh. I'm going to cancel my pre order. I'm even going to sell my Xbox 1. Use the PS4 for FIFA and go back to pc for gaming. I might try it out again in future but it's just not for me at the moment.

Soldato
I'm not bitter it's just that it had the engine and the mechanics to be one of the best games ever.

PvE it's all about doing the same stuff over and over again. Once you have done VoG , Crota, et al 30 times each your pretty much bored. There should be a new raid every 3 months rather than 6 months. Content and story is just so limited for a game that expects you to play it for say 12+ hours a week.

PvP is just so boring. Not enough game modes. Terrible weapons patches. No focus on what they are trying to do. It just seems to be completely random weapons and subclass nerfs that are too long between them. I enjoyed 6's and tbh for destiny 2 I would have preferred them add more players and choices rather than well 4v4 is the maximum. It's edging towards competition yet weapons aren't balanced and neither are subclasses.

I think I have made up my mind tbh. I'm going to cancel my pre order. I'm even going to sell my Xbox 1. Use the PS4 for FIFA and go back to pc for gaming. I might try it out again in future but it's just not for me at the moment.

4v4 is an absolutely terrible idea.

It won't last, and 6v6 will be patched back in.

Soldato
Got back on this recently, do shops "reputation" have an ever increasing rank if that makes sense? You fill up the diamond with quests and get rewards and it repeats? I'm lvl 40 with all DLC.

Soldato
They have no "level" ceiling if that is what you mean (this applies to the Cryptarch, Crucible and Vanguard as well).

When you hit level 25 on any of the three factions you will get a quest to receive an exotic class item.

You ill get rewards at each level increase but will only get the quest once.

Depending on how long it has been since you last played you may now note that you can use various materials to level up the faction without doing missions.

Rewards given are based on a average of your current light level with a max increase of 5 (so if you are 250 light you could get an item up to 255). Make sure you are the highest level possible when selecting your reward (even if you won't use the items otherwise).

:)

Associate
I'll wait and see what happens. For me this is no longer a must play or must buy game.

It's just a shame Battlegrounds is going to XB1. It's been a breath of fresh air on PC.

why a shame? its great :D i just found out destiny have fixed weapon perk on guns :(

why did they change this? makes every weapon e.g. hand cannon the same why chase after another one? also perform the same due to fixed perks.

Caporegime
why a shame? its great :D i just found out destiny have fixed weapon perk on guns :(

why did they change this? makes every weapon e.g. hand cannon the same why chase after another one? also perform the same due to fixed perks.

They should have ported it to PS4 as well at the same time. It's a great game. 100 player online too. After trying some games out on the PC you wonder why you even left.

If CS:GO had the gunplay of Destiny it would be perfect.

Perks were always the thing holding the game back from being competitive. It's not fair some guy can get a god roll scout rifle which kills instantly and you have been trying to farm it for 6 months with no luck. It's different when vendors sell those weapons but when they don't the decent rolls are hard to get. Everyone should have the exact same gun. Level playing field. Or everyone should easily be able to get any gun.

That is what makes battlegrounds exciting. What guns and loot will I find? Will someon else drop in the same area with me. This game might last 20 seconds or 45 minutes. Only just got the game last week and I'm hooked on it.

Associate
What you should expect from Destiny 2 Beta

Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.

Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.

Control:
The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.

The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.

New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.

The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.

What you should not expect:

Clan Support: It’s true that Clans will be supported in Destiny 2, but those features are not a part of this test.

Character Progression: You’ll receive rewards for defeating your enemies – be they Cabal, Vex, or other Guardians – but the Beta does not represent how your characters will evolve in Destiny 2.

Character Continuity: Destiny 2 is a fresh start. Nothing we do in the Beta will carry over to the final version of the game on September 6. Of course, for every rule, there is an exception…

Soldato
So basically what was shown at the launch reveal with the added addition of control. I imagine the weapons will be the same as well (maybe 1 or 2 additional tasters).

A little light perhaps compared to D1 beta but a decent taste nonetheless.

Associate
So basically what was shown at the launch reveal with the added addition of control. I imagine the weapons will be the same as well (maybe 1 or 2 additional tasters).

A little light perhaps compared to D1 beta but a decent taste nonetheless.

for a game they said got more content at launch then destiny 1, this beta with less content ringing alarm bells for me.

also stopping PC player base ripping it apart and looking for stuff

Back
Top Bottom