*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Nice amount of lag last night in IB. I just love the amount of times I got killed after completing the FoH animation (not starting it, finishing it..). Good ole green bar connections.... LOL

Wrath back this week. Perhaps we should six man it with Warlocks again like last time...

Nice amount of lag last night in IB. I just love the amount of times I got killed after completing the FoH animation (not starting it, finishing it..). Good ole green bar connections.... LOL

Wrath back this week. Perhaps we should six man it with Warlocks again like last time...

i've also heard you complaining about glitching in raids multiple times. the game is peer to peer there is a good chance it could be your own connection that is at fault. worth looking into if you haven't already.

anyone going to odeon to watch the reveal? it's tomorrow so if your interested be quick

i'm surprised nobody on here talking about it.

£5.50 and you get free exclusive loot. people saying it will be an emblem but you never know. only 4-5 cinemas in the UK doing it and guess what 1 of them is in Glasgow so I'm going.

I may ebay my free loot if it is an emblem probably get £100 for it if I'm the first auction up.

Well technically the stream is free so you're paying for the potential loot, and hoping that its a decent emblem. That said, I would like to go, but I was faffing around wondering if I'll get back from work in time and now it looks like Greenwich is booked out :/ Still hyped for the stream tomorrow though. Some interesting info came out of the podcast recently:

Reveal event is in two giant aircraft hangers and Activision is going all out building a huge set - an entire set of buildings inside these hangers. They've never seen anything like this before at E3, etc. Building a place that's going to exist for 24 hours. "Small villages."

The team has a build of the game at home. Luke played the game last week for 35-40 hours outside of work. "A bunch of work to do" yet. "Pivots to make." If you were playing right now, you'd see unnamed items, missing icons. Described as a version of the game that just got back from the gym, kind of stinks - "But the musk is okay" - Luke.
Sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6bbon3/new_bungie_podcast_is_live/

Last edited:
Well technically the stream is free so you're paying for the potential loot, and hoping that its a decent emblem. That said, I would like to go, but I was faffing around wondering if I'll get back from work in time and now it looks like Greenwich is booked out :/ Still hyped for the stream tomorrow though. Some iteresting info came out of the podcast recently:

Sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6bbon3/new_bungie_podcast_is_live/

i think your paying the fiver more for the experience rather than the loot. sure you can watch the stream at home for free. you may also even have a home cinema system. however it's still not the same experience as a proper cinema with tens of thousands of pounds worth of gear if not hundreds of thousands worth of gear.

i never knew about it and someone mentioned it yesterday so i googled and was amazed glasgow was one of the venues and it's not sold out as it's not on in a lot of places in the UK or anywhere else in scotland. i work maybe 20 minute walk from the venue too so i don't have any issues getting there, plus it has free parking (albeit i'll need to pay for parking at work rather than taking the train). if it's more than an emblem i'll be chuffed, if it is just an emblem then i might punt it if people are paying stupid money for it as it will be rare. just thought it might be of interest to some fans.

i'll leave work early and grab some food nearby as it's got quite a few chain restaurants within the same complex. never done anything like this before apart from go to comic con once so it will be a new experience in terms of gaming. i'd love to go to a proper event like E3 but i imagine it would be a lot more of a hassle than a 20 minute walk from work.

Can't wait for this. Nearest to me is Manchester (which is quite a way from me) so I'll be watching by stream.

You can watch it through events on the PS4. I think we'll be going to see efrideet (where ever she hides when not running IB) and get all down with animal powers n stuff.

Activision spent a lot more on promotion for Destiny 1 than they did on the actual game and it looks like they're spending just as much this time but also putting a lot into the game what with them having multiple studio's working on D2. Hope I get that same sense of wonder when I play D2 as I did for Destiny. Remember taking on the first wizard and loving the atmosphere etc.

Also, any WOTM raids going on give me a shout. I don't need the challenges etc but love the raid. It was a pain doing axis challenge first time (as parsnip can attest to) but it was well worth it and I think we have it nailed now. All about calling out and making sure everyone is in position before the last bomb is thrown.

i think your paying the fiver more for the experience rather than the loot. sure you can watch the stream at home for free. you may also even have a home cinema system. however it's still not the same experience as a proper cinema with tens of thousands of pounds worth of gear if not hundreds of thousands worth of gear.

i never knew about it and someone mentioned it yesterday so i googled and was amazed glasgow was one of the venues and it's not sold out as it's not on in a lot of places in the UK or anywhere else in scotland. i work maybe 20 minute walk from the venue too so i don't have any issues getting there, plus it has free parking (albeit i'll need to pay for parking at work rather than taking the train). if it's more than an emblem i'll be chuffed, if it is just an emblem then i might punt it if people are paying stupid money for it as it will be rare. just thought it might be of interest to some fans.

i'll leave work early and grab some food nearby as it's got quite a few chain restaurants within the same complex. never done anything like this before apart from go to comic con once so it will be a new experience in terms of gaming. i'd love to go to a proper event like E3 but i imagine it would be a lot more of a hassle than a 20 minute walk from work.

I'd love to go to something like this, I'm unashamed to say I'm envious!

I've seen loads of gaming videos where passionate crowds go wild at points during events, I've been part of something Similar at the Star Wars Saga day in London when Yoda strolled out at the end of Episode 2 and it is superb to be there at pivotal moments :D

Enjoy!! (You Lucky ******!!!!)

Will be tuning in tonight on Twitch. Got the snacks ready :D

I am somewhat amazed in this day and age that they have managed to keep a lid on any major leaks / details until the gameplay reveal stream. WE have had snippets which has resulted in the regular 60,000 10 minute videos talking about something which could be done in 20 seconds, but beyond that, nothing really.

I'd love to go to something like this, I'm unashamed to say I'm envious!

I've seen loads of gaming videos where passionate crowds go wild at points during events, I've been part of something Similar at the Star Wars Saga day in London when Yoda strolled out at the end of Episode 2 and it is superb to be there at pivotal moments :D

Enjoy!! (You Lucky ******!!!!)

I think you are more buzzing than me. i'm trying to get a mate from work to tag along but he isn't interested in the game at all.

i'm hoping the people going aren't all sweaty geeks/students. i don't know what to expect but the body odour at comic con was rife. i thought i'd walked into a sweaty nerds basement bedroom. not everyone was like that obviously but at times i had to walk away and come back to the stall as the personal hygiene levels of some people was very low. i just hope i don't end up sitting next to someone like that.

i'll probably be one of the oldest there i imagine. i should have brought my destiny scarf into work but it's rather warm today up here. if anyone has dressed up i'll snap a few photos. i honestly don't know what to expect. i may be the only one there lol

I think you are more buzzing than me. i'm trying to get a mate from work to tag along but he isn't interested in the game at all.

i'm hoping the people going aren't all sweaty geeks/students. i don't know what to expect but the body odour at comic con was rife. i thought i'd walked into a sweaty nerds basement bedroom. not everyone was like that obviously but at times i had to walk away and come back to the stall as the personal hygiene levels of some people was very low. i just hope i don't end up sitting next to someone like that.

i'll probably be one of the oldest there i imagine. i should have brought my destiny scarf into work but it's rather warm today up here. if anyone has dressed up i'll snap a few photos. i honestly don't know what to expect. i may be the only one there lol

To be honest I hope they are all Destiny geeks. Reason being.. the atmosphere will be great for you :)

I've got a very important business meeting tonight otherwise I'd be watching too.. I'll not get to view it until about 10pm. Wondering how long the stream will be!?

Back
Top Bottom