*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Caporegime
Its weird after all the alpha and beta play I'm still not convinced by Destiny - it boils down to fact that play is just having friends to play with than really anything unique that Destiny itself offers.

And yet I'm on it as we speak

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
I have really enjoyed the PvE aspect of the game. I was kinda suprised as I didn't expect to like this but doing the co-op with my brother has been a blast. Although I still think he has been heavily influenced by BF4 as he keeps trying to knife everything from lowbie monsters to higher end boss monsters with their shields up.

Wish the beta lasted longer so i could play a bit more. Will probaly get it on release.

Associate
Reminded me of Borderlands but a serious Borderlands. I played it on PS3 and i cannot believe how blurry the game is. Why is it so blurry did they do it in purpose to make the xbox1 and Ps4 look wow compared to last gen? Other than that i really liked the PvE part. Pvp there are so many games out there that do this. I cannot judge this though till it goes on stores. I kinda wish this came out on the pc on time if it comes at all.

Caporegime
Yelp seems only one area per planet - guess we are all Russians in the future...

Shame, I expected more per planet - looking forward to more info about the DLC breakdown now.

EDIT: We know Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars are in the game and the Grimore has cards for Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn and another moon - not that bad just doesnt fit with the low level cap unless its all about the loot drops.

Seems like a crap deal to be honest, I thought it would have more areas per planet.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't worry too much about areas on the planets, there will be plenty to do and the area's are linked to the story ie why we are on certain parts/planets etc. Also the game will continue to expand.

The low level cap is what Bungie wanted, they wanted it to be about getting loot and enjoying the game.. in a lot of MMO's people rush to get to max lvl so they can experience the end game, sometimes they'll do that by missing out the story etc. Also remember that although the lvl cap is there you will still be learning new abilities and upgrading.

Caporegime
I don't think even the Old Russia map is completely unlocked. There was a sector called King's something-or-other which you can't get more than a couple of yards into as the doors are locked.

Soldato
OP
I don't think even the Old Russia map is completely unlocked. There was a sector called King's something-or-other which you can't get more than a couple of yards into as the doors are locked.

Yeah it's not, either locked door are guarded by high level, considering the monsters on Old Russia are lvl 20 in places it obviously somewhere to re-visit at later stage also.

Caporegime
Yeah it's not, either locked door are guarded by high level, considering the monsters on Old Russia are lvl 20 in places it obviously somewhere to re-visit at later stage also.

I'm wondering what those Hallowed Knights of Onyx are guarding in the ship. I was killed about 10 times trying to find something but there don't appear to be any exits or treasure chests. Intriguing.

Associate
If each expansion only has one new area at £19.99 or £17.50 with season pass, then this could be one pricey game to keep up to date with. Yeah it has new gear and armour and maybe some new maps for competitive as well as a new dungeon etc, but yeah, could be costly if you want it all.

Stepping on the toes of caution here personally.

Soldato
If recent info is true, then 22 story missions and 6 strikes, with only 4 areas. Bit disappointed there!!!

That means we've already done 27% of the story?

Granted, it's still more than your typical game but I expected a bit more on the Strike front in particular.

I got guardian edition for £55 with voucher codes so I'll stick with that which gives me 2 of the DLC's (I think?) then I'll know from those whether any future DLC is likely to be worth the cost.

EDIT: Information looks to have been incomplete. Coming up as 32 story missions and 23 strikes now.
Did wonder like because there are areas locked off on Earth in the Beta and 6 strikes didn't seem much at all.

This is why I don't monitor pre game news etc - Just looked this one up after a mate e-mail me at work with the update. I always find it best to just wait and see what is in the full release.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's going to be added to with DLC. Bungie have us by the short and curlys with this. I bet there will be almost monthly paid for DLC.

I might be wrong.
Ive had the same thoughts especially with Activision involved that the 10 year plan involves multiple sequels (likely every other year) and then expansion packs in inbetween years. Its the nearest way they can replicate the WOW formula without going down the monthly sub route.

All in all Destiny is a good experience, probably more shallow than we envisage beyond filling up arbitary progress bars. The story just seems to be there to weakly link missions than to have any real lore/purpose to it...

Content is king for such a game but I expect to being forced to pay top dollar for that privilege - it feels wierd not knowing about the expected amount of DLC, normally we get an idea of that once a season pass is discussed but even that doesnt appear to exist (scepticism considers it wont). A good reason why Im only considering the base game...

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched some videos. Looks decidedly meh to me to be honest, to me it looked like skinned multiplatform halo with underpoweres weapons and titanfall jetpacks

Back
Top Bottom