*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
People are disappointed because the hype preceding it kept calling it the Gjallarhorn 2.0. So when it turned out to not be as hilariously broken as the Gjallarhorn, it was a let down.

Personally, I think it's brilliant. Exactly what I want in a heavy weapon slot. When things have gotten out of hand and you absolutely need that boss to die right now, Sleeper Simulant.

Associate
People are disappointed because the hype preceding it kept calling it the Gjallarhorn 2.0. So when it turned out to not be as hilariously broken as the Gjallarhorn, it was a let down.

Personally, I think it's brilliant. Exactly what I want in a heavy weapon slot. When things have gotten out of hand and you absolutely need that boss to die right now, Sleeper Simulant.

Amen

Associate
The problem with Sleeper is I just don't know when I'd ever use it. In the raid, it's much better to have the constant DPS of Black Spindle for the Warpriest and Golgoroth. Then it's over to Touch of Malice for Deathsingers and Oryx.

The Taken Champions is a possible use case for it as it can be difficult to get the constant crit shots needed for Spindle to be most effective. For CoO, I prefer to have my sword as there's little risk at close quarters.

So, other than the Champions, it would seem to me it's only of great use if you don't have Touch of Malice and Black Spindle.

Man of Honour
it also seems to help with reliably stunning oryx on the raid too.

One shot from a Celestial Nighthawk golden gun and a few hits from sleeper simulant and you'll haven o problem stunning him. When you want massive damage in a very short space of time, its perfect. Like you say, its very situational, but in those situations its above all else.
I just think it fires too slow for that. My usual group have got 3 Touch of Malice so we don't really have a problem staggering Oryx. The rest of them should get it this week too, so the Daughters and Oryx shouldn't really be a problem any more.

Associate
Had to laugh lastnight, was making my way solo to the Court Of Oryx and who should I see on the way but PyschoSonny, small world :D

I've made the effort to work for my exotic sword now, wasn't going to bother. Just need a few more materials and Arc kills with my Titan. The PvP element was far easier than I expected, the majority of my kills were with the hilt rather than messing about with heavy ammo. 4-5 control matches it took.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the strike, not so much the difficulty, but just getting an LFG group who understand the mechanics.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to laugh lastnight, was making my way solo to the Court Of Oryx and who should I see on the way but PyschoSonny, small world :D

I've made the effort to work for my exotic sword now, wasn't going to bother. Just need a few more materials and Arc kills with my Titan. The PvP element was far easier than I expected, the majority of my kills where with the hilt rather than messing about with heavy ammo. 4-5 control matches it took.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the strike, not so much the difficulty, but just getting an LFG group who understand the mechanics.

I got very lucky with the strike. We had one arc, one void, and my solar sword. The other guys had no clue, but luckily they took out the void and arc knights first.....boss still had nearly half health though when they killed the solar one. I just went mental on him, heavy synth and managed to bring him down, must have been very close to the 30 seconds. Quest completed for me, I could see them looking around confused.

Oh well :)

Associate
I got very lucky with the strike. We had one arc, one void, and my solar sword. The other guys had no clue, but luckily they took out the void and arc knights first.....boss still had nearly half health though when they killed the solar one. I just went mental on him, heavy synth and managed to bring him down, must have been very close to the 30 seconds. Quest completed for me, I could see them looking around confused.

Oh well :)

I'm hoping I can find a fireteam on LFG who all want the Arc sword, which I understand is the easiest way to do it. Something I don't quite understand though is, do the wardens all spawn at once or one at a time?

Caporegime
Yas happy to join if you want. Also I would suggest moving this to the raid thread rather than this one.

We should also be able to pick up those missing fragments for you.

Ahh damn just remembered that I put it in the wrong thread lol. Sure mate, looking forward to it. Even if the raid doesn't happen, I've got a charged agnorach rune to do so we could do that. But hoping we can get enough for another shot at the raid.

I'll put this up in the raid thread.

Caporegime
I just think it fires too slow for that. My usual group have got 3 Touch of Malice so we don't really have a problem staggering Oryx. The rest of them should get it this week too, so the Daughters and Oryx shouldn't really be a problem any more.

Somebody has done the DPS numbers.

Touch of malice can do between 16k to 20k damage with constant firing during that phase

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mntdp/spoiler_touch_of_malice_vs_oryx_and_why_its/

Sleeper simulant can do 30k with two shots.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...sleeper_simulant_is_really_good_against_oryx/

Sleeper wins the damage round. Of course touch of malice doesn't need heavy ammo so wins the efficiency round. Both will work and I think it will come down to preference.

Last edited:
Soldato
Somebody has done the DPS numbers.

Touch of malice can do approx 13.5k damage during that phase

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mntdp/spoiler_touch_of_malice_vs_oryx_and_why_its/

Sleeper simulant can do 15k with one shot, 30k with two

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...sleeper_simulant_is_really_good_against_oryx/

Sleeper wins the damage round. Of course touch of malice doesn't need heavy ammo so wins the efficiency round. Both will work and I think it will come down to preference.

Think your miss reading the numbers there, 1000 yard stare with 4 in the chamber does 13.5k, ToM does between 26,848 and 33,560, depend on how many shots you can get off.

Soldato
Nice figures, even more reason to use ToM at the end of the raid. ToM should mean ogres go down pretty quick too as you don't have to worry about conserving special for Oryx. The raid tomorrow will be my first time running ToM and I know at least one other has it so Oryx should be easy now.

Soldato
I've got a charged rune ready for T3 CoO which is my last outstanding fragment, be good to knock that out quickly before the raid if people are about early. Should have my ToM this week :)

Had a good run with exotic engrams, 3/4 have come 310. Got my 1000 yard stare to 309, NM chest to 310, and hung jury to 307. Got some sniper ammo boots now which'll be handy too.

Associate
I' having a little argument with myself. I have two raid pulse rifles, one at 304 and the other at 305. I've been using them just to keep my light level up but am not a big fan of pulse rifles in general.

I'm deciding between either infusing them in to my 295 Zhalo Supercell or infusing them in to my 294 Hung Jury. The Hung Jury would be arguably the better tool for raids, but the Zhalo Supercell is just so damn fun and easy.

Any opinions?

Ideally I'd love the raid scout with the auto fire perk, but... RNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom