*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Secondly how the hell is this game meant to have a 10 year life span? the marketing has been extremely misleading suggesting a massive universe to explore, when in fact it is just medium sized instanced areas.

The 500 million figure and 10 year lifespan are for multiple games.

Soldato
Level 4 and never played halo or anything remotely like this game before. Guess that means i will enjoy it more? Dont really understand the storyline though but the game looks and feels amazing. Brilliant physics.

I'm not far in, only level 3 but .... this plays nothing like Halo. Not picking at you, just since you haven't played it dont want you thinking it is :)

It is fun though! The graphics are impresive for a first wave multiplat, and the gameplay does feel very slick. I think I am going to put a lot of time into this :D

Soldato
I was standing on the Tower earlier, looking down at the (quite frankly) amazing looking scene with the sprawling cityscape, the imposing Traveler and all the activity going on and thought to myself...wow..so much potential for adventure. The setting is fantastic, and reminds me a lot of Mass Effect.

Then i played it. :( Not fussed. I really hope there is more to it soon. I'll give it a bit more time.

Even dropping in to areas with other players they soon shoot off with different missions to complete, or ignore any attempt to work together. The one time I did buddy up and got a bit of momentum going the server booted me off!

Soldato
Started playing what I assume was the opening level and got "removed from the gameworld" after a while. I was enjoying it up to that point. Is this going to be a regular thing cos it will get pretty tiresome. When I went back in or reconnected I'd lost a fair bit of progress. :/

I know it's early days but still, this is partly what beta testing is for isn't it? I don't know why the game can't continue and then sync up when the connection is restored (there must be a reason though, right?).

As I said, I enjoyed the bit I did play but I'll give it a proper play tomorrow.

Soldato
Judging by what I've read/seen so far, this will be a massive failure. I have no clue why they got it so wrong, the concept of a scifi loot shooter works, BL and BL2 proved it, several million times over. So instead of doing something like that, with good graphics and maybe a serious story, they went and created an uninspired MMOish game that plays like that **** f2p Warframe.

Soldato
Im done for the day, got to level 13. Cant see the level cap being tough to reach within 3 days to be honest. Played against a Level 23 on Control earlier, ruthless. I got annihilated.

Soldato
I'm enjoying it.
However looking at my stats on the app i'd suggest it is **** easy as I have 139 kills for no deaths.

Anyone know for sure what lvl multiplayer/crucible opens at please?

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have really enjoyed it so far but I have just been mucking about really. I can see how it would all be over very quickly if you just stuck to the missions but if you have an explore its a lot more fun.

I do understand what others are saying about the lack of story and repetitive gameplay. I have only been on earth and the moon so far (lvl8) but you do rehash the same areas over and over again.

You have to wonder whether most of the money developing this game went on creating the engine rather than the actual game as we see it now.

Back
Top Bottom