*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Iron Banner was good to me tonight, picked up a 300 chest piece, 310 ghost, 317 pulse rifle, 284 hand cannon, 310 artefact....was 299 now 303, finally broke the 300 barrier!

Caporegime
Obvious statistic is obvious. 1000-Yard is one of the most readily available snipers. It's also in the revive-snipe impact tier and has decent aim assist.

Even the one you get given to you from the quest has Shortgaze, arguably one of the top 3 scopes in the game, you can't go wrong really.

i sharded the one from the quest the one i have now has a really bad roll whereas my trials sniper has hidden hand and performance bonus it also has 2 of the top scopes in the game so i'm using that for now. i got a triple (all headshots) with it yesterday in trials within about 2 seconds that high fire rate is so deadly you can 2 body shot too in a ridiculously quick fashion. the only down side is no revive snipe but that's no biggy if you push and nade the orb or get someone else to watch it with you.

i've heard good things about hereafter is it? but I've never used it tbh, probably a waste of an exotic slot is probably why.

i think the shotgun nerf is coming because they don't take much skill to use and they are now gearing the game more towards skill (making thorn obsolete).

i played against "oakshone" (we actually beat him) i think he's well known and we were carrying a guy with a terrible k/d below 0.6 i believe whereas his team consisted of him 3.0 k/d his friend with a 2.5 k/d and the worst player had a 1.5 k/d on his side. it went down to the final round and we won 5-4 most intense game i've ever played. nothing equals the rush of winning a game like that.

then came up against a guy called "jacob" the following day and his team destroyed us 5-1 him and his 2 friends were ridiculous at sniping and losing to a team like that you just have to take your hats off to them.

You know, I was running with Defance of Yasmin in IB, you lose a little impact but the fire rate makes that much difference to pop off 4x multiple head shots when the sheep are all stacked together :D

I'm torn between 1000 yard stare and Defiance of Yasmin as my go to sniper when Black Spindle is not equippable due to other exotics.

I wonder how long it is until we see fusion rifles become the meta again!

100 yard stare > defiance imo and it's not even close in my book

i'm hoping a decent one drops for me soon, but i'm doing well enough with the trials sniper.

Vendor roll for 1000 yard is good enough too be honest, and revive snipe > everything else. If your playing hunter Still is also a great sniper and it has snapshot, only issue is the scope is unique so I rather not get used too it.

my hunter hasn't completed TTK, i'm titan main with warlock alt.

sadly i've left my hunter to rot.

in the next dlc though, i may switch to 3 warlocks (controversial) but I really like the warlock nades (axion and firebolt).

I got a triple in trials the weekend before last because i primed them with a firebolt when they were all grouped up and my auto rifle (doctrine) just shredded all 3 in a row. i was the last one alive too (had just self res'd after the other 2 went down) so i clutch'd that round purely because of the nade.

imo nades are just as important as supers especially when running voidfang vestments, etc that make the axion OP. i naded over the wall every round this weekend when spawning on the tanker side and it totally messed up every teams sniping game bar "jacob" and crew. you can use the seeker as a target to follow as they run around trying to avoid it worked a treat. or every time you are revived and are being pushed you just throw a nade at the ground or in front of you and let the seekers do the rest.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hereafter, I tried it for a few games, feels nice scope is weird as **** too start off with but you adapt. The blind is really nice I was using it for ToO once and you could kill one, other(s) are blind and the match is already over. Only real issue is the aggressive ballistics nerf means you can't res snipe.

Nades are important, but basically everything is in ToO when your facing a solid team, being able to res snipe has saved me so many times, and not just res snipe but sniping the person that also res. Guess the main issue is your sharded your decent 1000 yard, and its tough too get anything else, I buy ****ing special ever time I have enough and I always get a shotgun/sidearm and twice I've gotten the crucible sniper that suck. Actual have one with perfect roll, Shortgaze, performance bonus, snapshot, HH.

I've had a few nice rounds where its 3vs1, I drop 1, bait the res and clean up. Then their is the less experienced, that will just let me res snipe all day while my team flanks. I've had a few games where I get a full super in the first round.

Caporegime
obviously those teams don't know you can push revives out the way so they don't get sniped.

that's why i'm not so bothered atm i don't have a decent 1k stare. up against a decent team they won't let you revive snipe.

i hate it when someone revives you and doesn't push you out the way, it's just giving the other team the win.

i think as it currently stands the top 3 nades are lightning, firebolt and axion, but with lightning your losing out on hammers it's a big trade to make.

before i used to love arcbolt and lucky raspberry that chest piece made the arcbolt the most ridiculous grenade in the game it was lolworthy how OP it was.

Associate
The trials sniper does have crazy high aim assist, for 6’s it’s fun to use. But for 3’s I still don’t rate it above 1K Yard. Not just for revive snipes (at longer ranges you can’t always grenade rush the orb), but it can also 1HK through an overshield/self-rez and 1HK almost every super.

The incendiary grenade for Gunslinger/ Hammer Bro is also very strong for priming groups of enemies, pre-bouncing round corners etc.

Soldato
If someone is in the open you can still res snipe even if they push, or at the very least snipe the person trying too push and so on. I rather have the option then not at all. Also loving tripmines, get too leave 2 behind and they last forever. On BD the tracking nades are pretty good too.

Also I think for 3vs3 Strike might be better. You get better nades, better perks, better mobility. I would take that over a super thats up once a match or maybe twice. Also depends on the map, some of them recently have been really big so you can just run, get too safe distance a team shot. Last week on Firebase I would leave a tripmine and wait too snipe I dropped maybe 7 hammers like that in 2 flawless runs.

Soldato
Just got my first hard mode Oryx completion. Sweet! Got a 317 auto-rifle, which I'll use as infusion fuel as soon as I can decide which of my many primary weapons most deserves the level boost. After that, I went ahead and got a 310 Thunderlord from the nightfall. The game has been good to me today.

Associate
hey guys, how is Destiny doing these days?
haven't touched it since before taken king.

wondering if worth buying on xbox one? shame cos my ps4 characters wont carry over, but i currently have xbox live subscription for bargain price and don't wanna pay for PSN for 1 game.

what happens to all your year 1 gear anyway? is it useable / upgradeable in taken king, or do you have to to use new stuff only?

is the gun balance any better? especially in PvP?

is the game still super grindy once you reach max level..?

Caporegime
hey guys, how is Destiny doing these days?
haven't touched it since before taken king.

still plenty of people playing

wondering if worth buying on xbox one? shame cos my ps4 characters wont carry over, but i currently have xbox live subscription for bargain price and don't wanna pay for PSN for 1 game.

you will need to re-level all your characters and unlock the subclasses depends on if that's worth saving £30 a year for and the ps4 gets exclusives on destiny too so you will be missing those

what happens to all your year 1 gear anyway? is it useable / upgradeable in taken king, or do you have to to use new stuff only?

it's useable if you play normal crucible, other than that your better off sharding it

is the gun balance any better? especially in PvP?

i actually preferred it when everyone was using thorn tbh, at least you know your on a level playing field, now you cannot re-roll weapons you have to hope they drop with the right perks or your screwed so they have made it harder to get decent weapons, i still don't have a decent rocket launcher other than truth and the trials one, still don't have a decent 1k stare either. as for balance everyone is using pulse rifles as primary then shotgun or sniper as special, not really balanced imo they have just moved from hand cannons to pulse rifles and everyone has used shotguns and sniper since forever, sidearms are a waste of time and the travel time and distance of the fusion makes it pointless unless your really good with them

is the game still super grindy once you reach max level..?

hahahhahahha seriously? what do you think? they have made it impossible to reach max light level. once you hit 310 i would honestly stop grinding, it's not worth it. they have also made exotic armour ridiculously stupid by changing the rolls and perks randomly by how they drop, so you now need to roll exotic armour instead of weapons. bounties are worth less and stuff takes longer to level up unless you burn motes. factions are much harder to level up too, basically they have made the grind even more longer

i only play 2-3 times a week trials, banner, occasional nightfalls (the stuff you get now isn't worth running a nightfall for so i run it if it's easy) with the occasional raid (which is pointless now I'm 315 on my main i run it for stuff i can infuse into better weapons).

if i am raiding i like to get it done in around an hour, don't want to be wasting 3 hours to inevitable get something i don't need or will shard that's if something other than shards does drop.

if i were to start from scratch I'd make all 3 characters the same so they can share armour, so what if you cannot use the other 2 at least you don't need to waste 2 times as much of your life

Last edited:
Associate
hmm don't think I'll bother then.
got the xbox for halo. playing through 1-5. just started 3.

hate that they can't get PvP balance right in destiny. they could really use a game mode with no uniques allowed or something and everyone just has the same basic weapons. no point playing PvP if some ppl have an OP gun that just wtfpwns everyone.

this game / IP had a lot of potential. shame they ****ed it up and turned it into a cash cow with minimal content and crappy balance.

I'll come back to it if the repetitive grinding gets reduced in favour of more story content, and gun balance is somehow fixed so majority of guns are usable without getting rekd.

Until then think I'll stick with other games.

Caporegime
hmm don't think I'll bother then.
got the xbox for halo. playing through 1-5. just started 3.

hate that they can't get PvP balance right in destiny. they could really use a game mode with no uniques allowed or something and everyone just has the same basic weapons. no point playing PvP if some ppl have an OP gun that just wtfpwns everyone.

this game / IP had a lot of potential. shame they ****ed it up and turned it into a cash cow with minimal content and crappy balance.

I'll come back to it if the repetitive grinding gets reduced in favour of more story content, and gun balance is somehow fixed so majority of guns are usable without getting rekd.

Until then think I'll stick with other games.

i got a ridiculous roll on my hawksaw it's probably a 9.7/10 with one perk that could be slightly better. all my other decent pvp weapons have all came from trials.

i showed it to a mate yesterday and he was gobsmacked at the roll.

if they just made it so you could re-roll weapons i'd be happy and give out better loot in HM raid and the nightfalls.

if you do get back into make 3 characters all the same, it's not worth grinding 3. I haven't touched my hunter since ttk came out because it's just not worth the grind.

Back
Top Bottom