*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
yep, fo rme the game is all about seasons now, i dont get the enjoyment from the minmaxing once im geared, i get the enjoyment from starting a fresh guy and then watching it gradually grow.

Having to do all that over a few month season, plus competing within friends/clan/leaderboards just make the game addiction city.

Associate
I had 200 mails waiting to sort out after the season ended gah... least I'll have lots of mats though I tend to play exclusively seasons really.

Main bonus to season restart is that we have a group of 6 of us who play together semi regularly with different amounts of time so we normally can play as a 4 with 2 doing something else in the big bad real world.

It means that we all start on a level playing field and need to get to 70, get up to torment 6 (soon 10 woo!) run lower rifts and then greater rifts.

Gear wise starting at scratch means those that don't get much time to play are all on the same playing field and don't just become 'pick up blue/white items' bots wandering after the rest of us who are super geared as we play more.

It's worked the last few seasons now and means we also pick a different character to 'main' so it's all new again (sort of).

Otherwise it would be a few of us with over 500 paragon levels and a couple of us who have less than 100 and the gear that normally comes with that play time.

Associate
Barb for me this season :D I haven't played one in years and it was my main for the first few years. I did try out both spinny barb and hota spec on ptr, which went pretty well so made my mind up!

Plus I generally play 4 man so i'll have some nice support options.

So looking forward for S4, with all the changes and cube etc it's going to be a fun season.

As others have mentioned, seasons are about getting that feeling of progression, gearing and feeling stronger.

As an example, I logged into my recently copied over S3 wiz yesterday before the patch on live, who now has 817 paragon and it was boring... 1 shotting rift guardians on t6 hah.

Matt

Associate
So, does Season 4 start at 16:00 on Friday? Might have to see if I can get out of work a bit early.

Been a little while for me as Season 3 seemed to drag on quite a bit, but am looking forard to the fresh start again. Only question is what class should I roll this time. Bah, who am I kidding, it will be Barb again. :D

Soldato
Have Blizzard done anything to balance the disparity in xp gain between groups at solo players? Not that I'm going to be challenging for the top of any leaderboards, but I don't like to feel my solo time is wasted.

Soldato
Have Blizzard done anything to balance the disparity in xp gain between groups at solo players? Not that I'm going to be challenging for the top of any leaderboards, but I don't like to feel my solo time is wasted.

Nope, nothing. In fact it's even more beneficial in a party now as since XP bonuses are shared through a party it's just one or two people in a group of 4 getting their XP bonus now and everyone does.

Soldato
Nope, nothing. In fact it's even more beneficial in a party now as since XP bonuses are shared through a party it's just one or two people in a group of 4 getting their XP bonus now and everyone does.

Seems a bit cack and an easy fix. I have nothing against group play (I just can't always commit time to a group and don't like to muck people around), but the benefits should be that it's more fun and sociable rather than having massive xp bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom