*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I really hope that my retail copy comes on time. It's such an awkward release day to be honest. Unless GAME ship it out on the Friday (would they really do that?) I won't be getting it on release day. The next day, I have to attend college and then go out with the girlfriend for a meal. By the time I come home it will be bedtime. Then college the next day so it looks like I won't be playing it until Thursday :(.

What kind of student are you? :confused:

Associate
What kind of student are you? :confused:

Maybe I should have included some days and times. Say it arrives on Wednesday and not Tuesday. Wednesday is college from 7-5:30 and then the meal will be a couple of hours out and the missus will not be happy if I started playing it considering it will be our two year anniversary. So by the time she goes home I will have to go bed. Then on the Thursday it's the same thing, 7-5:30.

College is 4 days a week, 9-5:30. Apart from the Tuesday, which is 'study day' i.e. a day off, which it probably won't arrive on.

Associate
I really hope that my retail copy comes on time. It's such an awkward release day to be honest. Unless GAME ship it out on the Friday (would they really do that?) I won't be getting it on release day. The next day, I have to attend college and then go out with the girlfriend for a meal. By the time I come home it will be bedtime. Then college the next day so it looks like I won't be playing it until Thursday :(.

Word of warning I have had issues with pre-ordering games with GAME that are released on a Tuesday, was always lucky to get them on release day... usually the day after :(

Hopefully you will have better luck.

ShopTo have my order for this, they have never let me down!

Soldato
No idea what's going to happen with my pre-orders. I have a CE coming and no way is that going to fit through my letterbox, hopefully they try to deliver it Monday so I can at least get down the post office first thing Tuesday to collect it. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday so that's something at least :)

I also have a pre-order with Game from 2008, the only reason I kept it was because it was so cheap so I'll probably flog that on.

Associate
No idea what's going to happen with my pre-orders. I have a CE coming and no way is that going to fit through my letterbox, hopefully they try to deliver it Monday so I can at least get down the post office first thing Tuesday to collect it. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday so that's something at least :)

I also have a pre-order with Game from 2008, the only reason I kept it was because it was so cheap so I'll probably flog that on.

Ask a mate if you could have it delivered to his house and leave a note on the door for the delivery man saying deliver to X house?

Sometimes the posty does this without anyone asking anyway. Plenty of times the posty has knocked at the door with neighbours parcels because they haven't been in.

Permabanned
If my CE doesn't arrive on Tuesday I'm going to the nearest GAME or HMV and seeing if they have a CE in stock. Then i'll return the Amazon one or re-sell it for no profit.

Soldato
Ask a mate if you could have it delivered to his house and leave a note on the door for the delivery man saying deliver to X house?

Sometimes the posty does this without anyone asking anyway. Plenty of times the posty has knocked at the door with neighbours parcels because they haven't been in.

Good idea, my sister in law lives across the road, hopefully she'll be home that day and I'll leave a note on the door. Crisis averted!

Soldato
Diablo boobs? Oo *tries not to get horrific mental image*

damn typos lol
Watch some of the cinematics You can see diablo has boobs :p

Thats 1 of the scariest adaptations of rule 34 I've ever heard...

What's rule 34 again? :p

I think Blizz have said that not all the books before the Sin War series aren't completely canon with their vision of the Diablo universe. Something to concider when reading them again. :o

Yeah i remember that, but it's still a good read :D and i guess it's up to the person the decide if they want the book + game to be of the same canon

Associate
In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Three cheers for getting closed beta access just over a week before it finally got closed down \o/. Sucks for all those that weren't as lucky but hey, Diablo is all about RNG, right? ;) (dodges incoming ****storm).

Soldato
Still can't believe I never got closed beta access :( Nice for those that were in to be given something else though.

I don't quite get what the feat actually does/is though? Or is that where it tracks certain in game stuff like biggest kill chain etc?

Permabanned
Associate
Still can't believe I never got closed beta access :( Nice for those that were in to be given something else though.

I don't quite get what the feat actually does/is though? Or is that where it tracks certain in game stuff like biggest kill chain etc?

Think steam achievements that sometimes award additional cosmetic options to the banner you display in a co-op game.

RE above: Late at night, eh? Knowing some desperados they'll either already started queueing up to get the 1st/2nd in queue rewards or will do so soon.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Think steam achievements that sometimes award additional cosmetic options to the banner you display in a co-op game.

RE above: Late at night, eh? Knowing some desperados they'll either already started queueing up to get the 1st/2nd in queue rewards or will do so soon.

Yea I know. I went to the MW3 midnight launch (Yea I know it sucks) in Kingston and I was expecting like 5-6 people and there'd been people waiting their since 10AM and there was an insane line which was littered with people who'd ordered Pizza =/

Soldato
In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

**** you blizz you ****ing *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom