*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Very impressed with the game so far, £40 for a well thought out login screen...
Hopefully I'll manage to get past the first level soon and login.

I know it's new and has been on everyones NEED list for years but it's pretty shoddy.
I've no interest in being online right now, just want to smash some stuff on my own and poorly manage an inventory. :(

Soldato
Loving it!!

Harry, (my monk) has been bashing the **** out of stuff for a couple of hours now :)
You seem to get quite cool stuff quite early too, which is fun. Only got one rune so far but they seem to make attacks a bit more exciting too....

I'm only at the bit where you get some skeleton dudes hat from a crypt, right early on so I've got some concerns about playing coop....

I assume that if I join others then I'll jump to their game and am bound to miss a lot of story and exploration, right?
And if others join me they're bound to be of a much higher level and just trash all of the baddies in the bits I'm on, right?
So how do you get a balanced coop unless you're lucky enough to team up with someone at exactly the same stage as you?

Also, how does the splitting up of the goodies work on coop too?

Soldato
Its laughable that the largest ever MMO provider in the world fails with a single player game due to players not being able to login lol... seriously this should never have happend, offline mode should have been standard from the get go...

Soldato
It's not like they are new to large game launches... or saw the exact same thing happen in the open beta... or have thousands of beta testers playing the game for the last year... or have been working on D3 for what 5, 6, more years...

How hard is it to just get more servers!

Open Beta - "Oh look the servers have failed hard!"

"I guess we should double up on server capacity then...?"

"Nah, i'm sure everything will be OK at the retail launch..."

/facepalm

Except they had everyone in the world crammed onto 1 server whereas they clearly don't anymore.

It just looks like they severely underestimated demand (not much of a surprise given the sheer number of people in this forum alone who suddenly decided to pick the game up in the last few days/weeks).

Soldato
Ironically BLizz will also know exactly how many people are subscribed to D3, being as you need to add it to a BNet Account, so they have an exact figure, region by region.. this is hard fail on their part..

Soldato
Can't wait for what they'll think of next to punish the simple customer. Only allowed to play the game when in the developers offices, connected to their network, on a laptop that they rent to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom