*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Soldato
I don't think I've played since seasons were in single figures, is there anything new in the game in general?

Nothing substantial.

Class sets deal more damage than ever. People can clear the highest GR (150) in groups and solo with enough gear and paragon. Followers were changed a few months back which make them much more beneficial for solo players. Uniques regularly get updated every/other season to bring them up to date/relevant to class set builds.

Each season still has the seasonal journey with portrait and pet/wing reward. They also added more stash tabs to unlock each season to a max of 5 (IIRC). Each season also has a unique buff ie: the new season starting Friday next week has seasonal gems with various effects.

Man of Honour
Nothing substantial.

Class sets deal more damage than ever. People can clear the highest GR (150) in groups and solo with enough gear and paragon. Followers were changed a few months back which make them much more beneficial for solo players. Uniques regularly get updated every/other season to bring them up to date/relevant to class set builds.

Each season still has the seasonal journey with portrait and pet/wing reward. They also added more stash tabs to unlock each season to a max of 5 (IIRC). Each season also has a unique buff ie: the new season starting Friday next week has seasonal gems with various effects.

wow, a whole lot of nothing except bigger numbers.

I hope Diablo 4 is good because Diablo 3 felt like they did the bare minimum at times.

Soldato

I hope Diablo 4 is good because Diablo 3 felt like they did the bare minimum at times.

I feel that if D3 had come out at a reasonable point after D2 it would have been brilliant, it was what Diablo had always been, but given the time gap, the industry, and genre had moved on, but brought nothing new, well, not enough anyway...

Soldato
I feel that if D3 had come out at a reasonable point after D2 it would have been brilliant, it was what Diablo had always been, but given the time gap, the industry, and genre had moved on, but brought nothing new, well, not enough anyway...

I've played thousands of hours since release and I can't think of anything that was defining with this game. I remember the reveal where monsters climbed up the walls and thought that was really cool but nothing else comes to mind. I did like the AH and later GRs but it wasn't anything defining.

Games like Path of Exile, Grim Dawn & Last Epoch have taken the aRPG genre that Diablo 1 set and taken it a multiple steps further.

Soldato
Had never played D1/D2 and so D3 was basically first time playing this type of game. 1000+ hours played and don't have much desire to play it now, maybe for the odd weekend of a new season. Definitely got my money's worth :)

Associate

Well its developed 10+ years later so it should be.

I've played thousands of hours since release and I can't think of anything that was defining with this game. I remember the reveal where monsters climbed up the walls and thought that was really cool but nothing else comes to mind. I did like the AH and later GRs but it wasn't anything defining.

Games like Path of Exile, Grim Dawn & Last Epoch have taken the aRPG genre that Diablo 1 set and taken it a multiple steps further.

Further?
Grinding exist.
Kill mobs upgrade character exist.
Art style exists.

What is really different?
path of exile deep delve looks like greater rifts, collect mobs, then they don't die for a long time.
Maps?
Running the same rifts over and over again.

Path of exile has nothing further than diablo3.
Just more grind and then you have to trade and crafting cost so much currency you cant solo do it really.
path of exile is a trade/craft simulator, nothing good really drops.
Diablo3, has drops on ground, things you can find yourself, so diablo3 is a better arpg than path of exile.

Grim dawn, can be cheated for perfect gear.
Great game I played it a lot but its just a bit to easy.

Last epoch isn't a game yet.
I buy it when its out of its early access.

Diablo3 season 25 I rather play than path of exile gauntlet 10 day league due to insane mods and boring gameplay.
I may play the dec 24! 10 day path of exile league Atlas due to its a new mechanic set that may make it interesting.

But people saying diablo3 is just higher numbers obviously don't know what they are saying.
all these games have huge drawbacks with a ton of grinding but diablo3 makes it fun at least with a new league as you get drops and don't need to run currency farming groups like path of exile forces you to.

Soldato
Further?
Grinding exist.
Kill mobs upgrade character exist.
Art style exists.

What is really different?
path of exile deep delve looks like greater rifts, collect mobs, then they don't die for a long time.
Maps?
Running the same rifts over and over again.

Path of exile has nothing further than diablo3.
Just more grind and then you have to trade and crafting cost so much currency you cant solo do it really.
path of exile is a trade/craft simulator, nothing good really drops.
Diablo3, has drops on ground, things you can find yourself, so diablo3 is a better arpg than path of exile.

Grim dawn, can be cheated for perfect gear.
Great game I played it a lot but its just a bit to easy.

Last epoch isn't a game yet.
I buy it when its out of its early access.

Diablo3 season 25 I rather play than path of exile gauntlet 10 day league due to insane mods and boring gameplay.
I may play the dec 24! 10 day path of exile league Atlas due to its a new mechanic set that may make it interesting.

But people saying diablo3 is just higher numbers obviously don't know what they are saying.
all these games have huge drawbacks with a ton of grinding but diablo3 makes it fun at least with a new league as you get drops and don't need to run currency farming groups like path of exile forces you to.

How dare you quote my post, grab my attention and then waste 2 minutes of my time reading this angry 15yr old crap take by somebody literally nobody cares about.

If this is the extent of your capabilities when posting don't quote me or anyone else again.

Associate
They really dropped the ball with D3 in the end, the gameplay loop was fun (for a time) but they gave up on it in terms of content. I don't even remember there being any difference between the seasons back when I played, it was just a refresh of the ladders and tiny tweaks to the gear. Even now it seems like the recent ones have been pretty lame modifiers to the same game.

I think I stopped playing after about 7 seasons of the same thing on repeat, just as they had started to buff the multipliers on gear to stupid levels. In hindsight they've never been able to balance that game properly, their only solution has been to buff damage to absurd levels or add even further min/maxing with primal ancients rather than expanding the pool of viable builds, it felt like the same 4-5 builds per class all the time. We actually had a bit of a giggle recently reading some of the gear sets in their current forms quoting things like 25,000% or even 75,000% increase in damage, with numbers in the trillions now popping up on screen, it's silly at this point.

I switched over to POE several years ago and have never looked back, it's far from perfect but it's way beyond D3 at this point, all the while creating a very solid base for POE2 in the future. You only have to compare the seasonal content to see how poor the effort has been. Last Epoch is being quoted above as not even being game yet, but there's probably the same amount of content already in that game in it's early access state, with tangible upgrades being released or announced every couple of months.

D3 isn't a bad game, I got more than my money's worth. I just played it long enough to realise when I tried the alternatives how much of a missed opportunity it was.

Soldato
What Diablo 3 could do with is balancing end game so that solo players can have a fair shot at leader boards without needing to meta play 4 man groups. There should be 4 man benefits, perhaps slightly shorter speed clears. While at it cap paragon per season to 2k so that the bots don't often hit the top 100 ranks with 7k paragon.

Soldato
So, anyone playing this season?

I could probably boost someone if needed, I'm gearing up at the moment which tends to be the grindy part for me just getting the correct item drops before I try to perfect the rolls,

Associate
I’ve got a couple of friends playing D3 so I’ll get them to boost me through the early grind, then play a little of the season before I enviably switch to something else.

Back
Top Bottom