***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think you are misunderstanding. All I am doing is looking at the original, full size images by clicking on them. Hopefully this will clarify.

KM4osMn.jpg

G0YQpd9.png

If I had to judge on the embedded images, I can't really see significant differences as than brightness as the images are so small. Does that make sense?
Lol. If you ever leave AMD you should consider become politician :p

Go and save the image uploaded, not the embedded one, the image you uploaded, it is clearly been zoomed. I did this myself. Do I really have to upload a cropped image without resizing to show you?

Caporegime
Lol. If you ever leave AMD you should consider become politician :p

Go and save the image uploaded, not the embedded one, the image you uploaded, it is clearly been zoomed. I did this myself. Do I really have to upload a cropped image without resizing to show you?
There is no added zoom, the only difference could be FOV difference between the two images, since I am snipping roughly the same area.

Nonetheless, here they are side by side.
Imgsli

Here's the two images that made the side by side above.

TNA
Nn75jbS.png

Shankly
MilFeIt.png

Do you want me to record a video to show I am just snipping the default image you provided?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@LtMatt

Here is what I uploaded. You can can right click and save the full image to desktop yes?

1.jpg

Here is crop of it from the window from the original image above:

Rad-Shade-Boy.jpg

Here is what you uploaded:

TNA.png

Surely there is no wriggle roomed left for you now, unless your name is Boris or something? :p:D

You zoomed in!

Anyway, will leave it like that. Maybe I am wrong.

Caporegime
Don't understand what is happening here :p
:cry::cry::cry:

@TNA - I think it may have been something to do with the forum embedding as I just took the same snip it of your full size image same as I did before but with the new image you uploaded, which is not embedded.

It looks more similar to Shankly's, but the edges are still there clear as day. Happy to record a video if you want, save me from getting called a politician. :p

J78dSJr.png

hr0XsVn.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:cry::cry::cry:

@TNA - I think it may have been something to do with the forum embedding as I just took the same snip it of your full size image same as I did before, but this one is not embedded.

It looks more similar, but the edges are still there. Happy to record a video if you want, save me from getting called a politician. :p

J78dSJr.png

hr0XsVn.png
LOL!

Thing is Matty boy, there is a lot more to analysing the IQ of the image than just jaggies. You are just picking the potential weak point of my image as it is using DLSS Performance vs his FSR Quality. If you analyse the bricks, the posters or pretty much anything else the IQ of the image I provided is better as far as I can see.

Once Shaks provides his FOV maybe I can use DLSS Quality and then upload again. That way once those jaggies are gone, we will see what you will say then ;)

Caporegime
LOL!

Thing is Matty boy, there is a lot more to analysing the IQ of the image than just jaggies. You are just picking the potential weak point of my image as it is using DLSS Performance vs his FSR Quality. If you analyse the bricks, the posters or pretty much anything else the IQ of the image I provided is better as far as I can see.

Once Shaks provides his FOV maybe I can use DLSS Quality and then upload again. That way once those jaggies are gone, we will see what you will say then ;)
Well, you asked me to explain why I thought that, so I did. Can't blame me for that. :)

This site is great for comparing the image quality of two different images. That's how I saw the edges in yours. I picked up on the added blur from FSR Q too as I mentioned above.

I'd be disabling that (FSR) personally if it was me, as I feel native provides the better image quality. I did post some screenshots earlier of a 4K native image without FSR.

EDIT - Here they are. You can download the original full sized version if needed by clicking the thumbnails and selecting 'download original image'.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well, you asked me to explain why I thought that, so I did. Can't blame me for that. :)

This site is great for comparing the image quality of two different images. That's how I saw the edges in yours. I picked up on the added blur from FSR Q too as I mentioned above.

I'd be disabling that (FSR) personally, if it was me as I feel native provides by the best image quality.
As I said, for someone with the knowledge you have I was expecting a better analysis so I was somewhat surprised when all you did was zoom in and find jaggies and call it a day when we both know there is much more to it than that :)

Nice tool that, thanks. Just uploaded the two images. Will do a better comparison later on when I get the time :D

https://imgsli.com/OTQ4NzE

Caporegime
As I said, for someone with the knowledge you have I was expecting a better analysis so I was somewhat surprised when all you did was zoom in and find jaggies and call it a day when we both know there is much more to it than that :)

Nice tool that, thanks. Just uploaded the two images. Will do a better comparison later on when I get the time :D

https://imgsli.com/OTQ4NzE
I'll put up a video later and share it with you to clear up the zoom confusion.

However, If you click the full screen icon in the bottom right hand corner of your link, you will see the exact part I snipped out (zoomed in as you call it) in your image clear as day. :)

Caporegime
The darker image looks more realistic and better imho but I can see why people would prefer the lighter one as more detail can be seen in that scenario.

It's a similar issue to what I've seen some people mention when moving from a bright QLED to the earlier OLED screens for gaming. The detail in some dark scenes wasn't there but then you need a reference point as to what should actually be showing up. As screenshots bypass monitor/TV calibration etc it can be really difficult to compare like for like.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No the darker one is RT on and looks better, not the lighter one. RT uses real light and shadowcasting whereas RT off uses baked lighting which is why a lot of areas that would in real life be shadowed, are not in baked situations in this game.

Caporegime
Yup the darker one is RT, objective which one is better I suppose but in terms of light sources, what you see in the screen are the only light sources in the area and no windows, which is why it is darker on the whole, much more realistic.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'll put up a video later and share it with you to clear up the zoom confusion.

However, If you click the full screen icon in the bottom right hand corner of your link, you will see the exact part I snipped out (zoomed in as you call it) in your image clear as day. :)

Please explain to me why the resolution of your “snipped” image is much higher than the one I provided? A simple snip like I did would take the exact amount of pixels from an image it was cropped from. When suddenly the “snipped” image has more than double the pixels and is getting closer in size to the original pick, what does that mean?

Just answer the question, no politician stuff ;)

Oh and when you make a video later, use something basic like paint. That should keep confusion tactics to a minimum. Not that it matters, I already showed you what a unaltered crop looks like.

Back
Top Bottom