*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Its only half eleven though. I think its been a great start given they have not really published anything about the game, when we start seeing video and images im sure it will get a good old boost.

Well yeah exactly, it needs those videos and pictures though. That's what I was saying! It's no doubt a good amount of cash for what is essentially "Here's a logo and my description of a game that doesn't exist, pretty please give me money I promise I'll make it and it'll be as good as the old ones".

Associate
I'm patiently waiting for further info before doing anything on this one. I'm sure it'll get the amount required, I just have my doubts about how they are going to create the game itself. Personally think this is one of those times they should have left it well alone.

Soldato
You know that most people with money to burn on a kickstarter actually work during the day, right?

Dont be daft, look at the figures - £271,420 in the first day, £52,482 yesterday, and at midday today £6,182. Thats a stall.

As Zefan says, timezones should pretty much spread out any particular time you choose.

Soldato
Here's a conspiracy theory for you... Do FD actually want the kickstarter to fail. If it does it completely closes the door on there ever being an Elite sequel. Perhaps Braben really doesn't want to make it and there is no more public way of closing the door than a high profile kickstarter failure. It can then all be blamed on the community and the fact that there was no market for it.

I'm really hoping the delay in any updates is simply due to them putting together a really excellent pitch. The longer we have to wait for the first update the more worried I get.

Man of Honour
Chill, someone calculated it that they only need to average 16k a day and. That was before yesterday got substantially more than 16k. It also launch after people's pay days, so maybe a fair few of us waiting for payday before backing. And of course he's said pics etc are coming so that should get some of the undecided.

Soldato
Chill, someone calculated it that they only need to average 16k a day and. That was before yesterday got substantially more than 16k. It also launch after people's pay days, so maybe a fair few of us waiting for payday before backing. And of course he's said pics etc are coming so that should get some of the undecided.

Why do you need to wait till payday? The money isn't taken until its funded.

Soldato
And when wil it be funded? I'd rather wait till I know I have the money, in case it comes out. There's still 58 days, there's no rush.

Its funded after the remaining 57 days as long as it reaches or betters it target. No money is taken before the kickstarter is finished and none is taken if it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom