*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Back then, we could see little more than 8 lines drawn a certain way and turn it into a spaceship. Nowadays, if we cant see the reflection of the stars in the paintwork its breaking the immersion.

Permabanned
It might just be nostalgia...it might be that we placed more importance on game play back then :p

Its not nostalgia, I been playing the old xcom a lot more than the shoddy new one with which i was bored of after around 10hrs play.

"Good games are like a bottle of wine, They are well sought after and mature with age". In my opinion.

Soldato
OP
Here's something cool to see. Chris Roberts has dropped his coin into the fray. Fair play to the man for backing Frontier and DB.

ChrisRoberts.png

Associate
Seems like a bit of a rash move putting the kickstarter up so soon without enough information, perhaps as a reaction to the star citizens appeal, I hope that it has not killed the chances of success because I think there is plenty of room in the market for games in this genre.

Soldato
well it needed to make 16 grand a day, just made it yesterday with 18k, but they need the content. Midday today is at about 3k, so they wont make the 16 today.

Soldato
As much as I'd love to play a new Elite game, I'm hesitant to donate my hard earned money without seeing something of the finished product. Some pictures. A demo video. Anything really.

Soldato
The name is enough to draw in the old elite diehards but joe public wants to see flashy screenshots and videos!

I think we've hit a point now where most of the diehards have already signed up and it's hit a brick wall :(

Soldato
It's dropped right off. Only to be expected with such minimal content on the page though.

It's nothing to do with the lack of content. The KS got a huge rush of pledges because the BBC news website ran an article about it. Now the article is off the front page it's fallen back to typical pledging levels.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I am really stuck on the fence on this, star citizen looks really promising aside from the military aspect of it at the start but i guess you have to fly somewhere.

As for ELITE a amazing game like the majority of us over 40, its the game that sucked many of us into this lifelong hobby. I say over 40 not everyone could afford the price of the BBC at that time or if they could the parents couldnt understand it (sorry Mum :) )

The downer for me is the DEV and DEV team. He has created nothing but rubbish since ELITE(s) imo. As for bringing it into line for 2012 lets hope its more complex then buying narcotics and selling them on for %150 profit.

Thargoids FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom