*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Caporegime
I see loads of peeps with the same problem as me, so hopefully sorted soon. Strange one as if they log in on a friends account it works but back on their own they get the can't connect error.

Associate
lol I got this game on steam last night and I can fly the ship in and out of the station np but I have no idea how to accept a mission and then locate it on the map ? its so god dam confusing :( anyone give me some tips on using the map better to get to locations ? I currently press 1 and then go in to the menu and select my destinations , but when I travel to the destination i end up some where else ? or am i in the right place and need to look around lol ? ha

Associate
ok cool I have purchased it :) Any noobs tips you can give me for my first few hours ?

Welcome to the world of Elite:Dangerous :)

I'd recommend doing the Training Missions first and watching the videos that are linked to from the Training Missions screen.

This will give you some of the basic skills you need to get started and also the following pages helped me out a great deal -

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/2zggrl/new_to_elite_dangerous_here_is_a_lot_of_getting/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/02/elite-dangerous-guide/

http://www.primagames.com/games/elite-dangerous/tips/elite-dangerous-beginners-tips-getting-started-dark-space

Soldato
If i'm honest i think some of these voicepacks are a tad too expensive...especially when it is really easy to make your own commands (also with voice feedback as well) all for free.
They have peeps like Tom Baker and Norman Lovett come in and record dialogue specifically for them. That costs money.
Annoyingly, I think they've pulled the 'Vasco' Brian Blessed one.

I like it and the software, but for gaming I generally find pressing buttons is far faster.

Soldato
I just tried landing on a moon and it was like going back in time. Graphically I mean, it was like a 1990s game graphically with low res landscape textures and buildings just sitting on the surface but not looking like they belonged.

Also the Cobra Mk IV is one utterly worthless POS, boost speed of 320 with A rated thrusters and even Vulture outruns this thing. The devs took what was great about the Cobra Mk III and removed it.

Soldato
Right then, finally managed to get my Python to totally A rated. So looking for another goal. Thinking about ranking up in Fed ready for the corvette or the anaconda. Conda stil looks like the better ship until they get some decent huge weapons ready.

Any other ideas ?

Soldato
Just trying to get into this now but my keyboard and mouse setup just feels totally out of sync. Anybody got any experience of using a Thrustmaster Hotas X? I'm feeling the need to buy a joystick, this one looks reasonably priced but I have no experience at all in this field.

Caporegime
Right then, finally managed to get my Python to totally A rated. So looking for another goal. Thinking about ranking up in Fed ready for the corvette or the anaconda. Conda stil looks like the better ship until they get some decent huge weapons ready.

Any other ideas ?

Having not tried the new ships, I can vouch for the Conda. Probs wise to go for it when you have 200 mill in assett's as a minimum (which I expect you have). When it is rated up, it can be quite nippy and totally awesome in 1v1 scaps. I can spend hours out in a res site with only returning to get ammo and SCB's. I still love the Python though and with its speed and weapons, it can be formidable.

In other news, I still can't connect to Horizons. Loads up fine and starts up fine but just sits there with the message "Can't connect to servers". Getting frustrated now :mad:

Soldato
Just trying to get into this now but my keyboard and mouse setup just feels totally out of sync. Anybody got any experience of using a Thrustmaster Hotas X? I'm feeling the need to buy a joystick, this one looks reasonably priced but I have no experience at all in this field.

I just bought one (got it when it was recently on sale for 20 notes) and for the limited time been on ED it's been fine. There's a great config that uses buttons as mode switches so you can access all of the major functions.

Caporegime
My first run out in my SRV and thought I would call my Conda.... You realise how big this ship is when you get near it :D

No idea how to get into it though and no amount of driving in or near it worked??? Anyone know lol?

Soldato
Target the ship, then underneath it you should see an open hatch with the orange pad lines, get under that and look down to open the panel which will give you the option to board ship.

Associate
My first run out in my SRV and thought I would call my Conda.... You realise how big this ship is when you get near it :D

No idea how to get into it though and no amount of driving in or near it worked??? Anyone know lol?

Love this. Suddenly i get a sense of scale in game.

Back
Top Bottom