*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Interesting, no demo? Have tried eve for thirty minutes does seem deep but don't like paying monthly.

Im guessing this isnt as deep as eve and is more fps?

Soldato
I could buy a sidewinder and commit suicide by cop. But I've got 3.5 million credits worth of bounties in other systems etc that I would lose. So am going to have to wait it out.

If you say so... I'm currently playing about doing some piracy. And apart from the odd extra interdiction, the crime and punishment mechanics do little to change things. ie: I'm still going into the stations in the system, even though I've pirate & destroyed ships etc...

Soldato
Interesting, no demo? Have tried eve for thirty minutes does seem deep but don't like paying monthly.

Im guessing this isnt as deep as eve and is more fps?

Yes, pretty much. Although there is still a big element of trading and exploration so it's not all about combat. It's just that you experience everything from the cockpit of your ship

Soldato
If you say so... I'm currently playing about doing some piracy. And apart from the odd extra interdiction, the crime and punishment mechanics do little to change things. ie: I'm still going into the stations in the system, even though I've pirate & destroyed ships etc...

I get scanned and then all hell breaks loose. Not only that if I hunt in HiRes sites I'm a target by the police........Although I suppose that leaves HazRes open

Soldato
Went out to the North America nebula, followed by a trip out to the elephants trunk nebula. North America nebula is really cool up close. Elephants trunk is better from about 100ly away.

Now I'm just trying to face the 2500ly journey home (about 100 jumps). Crazy how the vast majority of the systems even out here have been explored.

E: made it back in one piece and got 1.7m credits and a good few systems and planets with my name on them :) not going exploring for a while now. Was good to get it out of my system though, and I recommend doing it with a friend so you can take screenshots with them and muck about in srvs to break up the trip.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just one more Bounty.......................

Damn since when have NPC's been targeting subsystems.... I've just lost nearly 8million in credits plus 1million to rebuy...Ouch......

That'll teach me..LOL

Soldato
What is the best trade calculator site/app these days? I used THRUDD (i think) but haven't played for a good while now and would like to get back into it.

There are a few out there. Roguey is okay, and there's another one that's really good but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

If you want to make some good credits though I recommend doing a couple of Robigo runs. 20-30 mil per run

Associate
Im hopeing that they add more content to this game, its got lots of potential but once you have the big ships and plenty of credits in the bank its really boring.

From time to time I revisit my Captain in Frontier (yep, really :) ) and it's fun to do a couple of trips but I guess the same problem still remains - without a continuous stream of campaign style missions with a tangible reward there is not much to do other than kill a couple of mins with it from time to time. That is one reason/fear why I've been holding off buying this, I don't see the value in the purchase after a certain point (if that makes sense).

Soldato
Just been interdicted by NPC me in an Asp! Didn't go well for NPC me, I wonder if that is him gone forever or whether he will respawn to die horribly at the hands of another player.

I wonder if Frontier have increased the odds of meeting your NPC doppelganger as the odds must be quite small.

Permabanned
From time to time I revisit my Captain in Frontier (yep, really :) ) and it's fun to do a couple of trips but I guess the same problem still remains - without a continuous stream of campaign style missions with a tangible reward there is not much to do other than kill a couple of mins with it from time to time. That is one reason/fear why I've been holding off buying this, I don't see the value in the purchase after a certain point (if that makes sense).

Even when doing the now infamous Robigo\Fehu missions which i was doing 12 months long before many people realised about this trading route. I made about 6 billion credits and im totally bored of the game, i have all the ships and Elite status in trading and Combat.

Exploration is crap cause theirs nothing out there to find. I could go on and give my opinion of what they should add regarding content but there is no point. I will keep my eye on the game and just wait and watch while i play something else. My Ships in this game will remain grounded until i see something worth while logging in for. It will improve but its gonna take sometime.

Associate
Been playing today with Rift (DK2) and the new 1.3 SDK, a few annoyances with having to re-download it again (from Oculus Store) but wow, the performance is so much better. Took my PA-fit Courier through a res site and combat is so much more fun now.

Associate
I've just spent some time in E:D again, in preparation of getting a Vive headset.

Elite has always been one of the touchstone games for me, and I'm hoping that VR will enthuse me further.

Regardless of the experience with the Developers Kits, is anyone else looking forward to the E:D/VR combination?

Soldato
I've just spent some time in E:D again, in preparation of getting a Vive headset.

Elite has always been one of the touchstone games for me, and I'm hoping that VR will enthuse me further.

Regardless of the experience with the Developers Kits, is anyone else looking forward to the E:D/VR combination?

I would love to return from Begal point in VR, but my missus would kill me.:eek:

On distant worlds expedition. ;)

Soldato
I would really like to play this in VR, but with a baby due to pop out in the next couple days, I too would face certain death at the hands of my missus if I spent that much on a VR set (and rightly so). I'll be waiting a while :(

Soldato
Been playing today with Rift (DK2) and the new 1.3 SDK, a few annoyances with having to re-download it again (from Oculus Store) but wow, the performance is so much better. Took my PA-fit Courier through a res site and combat is so much more fun now.

Why did you redownload it? You just need to switch on oculus home and the headset then startup the elite launcher.

Back
Top Bottom