*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
I've been playing Elite for over two years and I can't decipher half of what you said:D:rolleyes: What is RNG and MEF oh and MC ?

Yeah sorry bud, I could have made that a bit clearer.

Maybe I should do more than exploration and bounty hunting.

If you're happy doing that then don't change, take it from me :)

Permabanned
As long as whatever the change, it is retrospectively applied to any upgrades that you have already done.

The quest for MEF and the rng nature of drops has been killing the game for me. **** it, i was wanting to roll 25 times on each MC I have but I think I need to roll 5 times each and just be done with adequate instead of God rolls. Does it really make that much difference anyway, I mean I have a G5 fsd with a 52% roll and one with a 40% (I think) and the difference between the two in the same ship? 4 LY. Time to get back to doing something that rewards the time I'm putting in (cos it isn't looking for MEF).
I did engineering recently as i took along break from the game being an Alpha player. Tbh the engineering put me right off and ive not logged in since which was about 4 weeks ago. Theres nothing i feel like logging on for even now, such a shame really.

Soldato
Paid content is free to Horizon players though?

Whatabout people who back as Alpha/Beta? Surely should be free?

The free content was announced at FX17, paid content was specifically not announced. Horizons players have already got what was scheduled for Horizons with more to come this coming year, why on earth whould they get more paid content for free? It'll only be free for you if you have a Lifetime Pass, otherwise you'll need to pay for it. Alpha/Beta backer doesn't come into it unless you backed to a level that included the Lifetime Pass.

Soldato
Can someone tell me if the "Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition" is the best one to buy?
EDIT=I only want single player. I take it even playing in single player mode one can land on a planet?
You can land on planets in Solo mode, yes, but you'll need the Horizons expansion for the landings part.
The Deluxe edition comes with the base game (£20), Horizons (£20), and about £18 worth of cosmetic in-game extras... Not a bad price, TBH.
However, I get the impression there may be a new expansion coming soon, so you may wish to wait and see what deals come along for that.

Also, there's probably a Halloween/Christmas sale coming for Steam and probably others too, so you might wanna shop around.

Soldato
You can land on planets in Solo mode, yes, but you'll need the Horizons expansion for the landings part.
The Deluxe edition comes with the base game (£20), Horizons (£20), and about £18 worth of cosmetic in-game extras... Not a bad price, TBH.
However, I get the impression there may be a new expansion coming soon, so you may wish to wait and see what deals come along for that.

Also, there's probably a Halloween/Christmas sale coming for Steam and probably others too, so you might wanna shop around.

Very good info. Thank you.

Soldato
Anything other than cosmetic/status items would be pay to win.

I don't see how anything added paid for outside of season additions can benefit the game as a whole. There could be no story or community goals with the paid for content as everybody would have to own what is needed to complete the goals.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Win against what ? Yourself.....

If you PVP then already its pay to win by people who have no jobs and spend hrs upon hrs getting GOD rolls for RNG.

Elite is a single player game in a multiplayer universe more or less. Nothing wrong with this either.

Back
Top Bottom