*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Hows about, beyond the standard engineering stuff you can get missions from the actual engineers themselves, go get XYZ or kill ABC and I'll give you BFG that is something beyond a normal engineer rolled piece of kit, would make the engineers a bit more interesting rather than grind, roll, grind roll....

Soldato
How's about they have a massive list of stuff they'd like to add but appreciating that it's a question of development time and other things taking priority.

Soldato
I am quite surprised by the huge **** storm ensuring TBH.

I still think it will be cosmetic and not game changing.
However it seems the Forum community are wetting themselves... again

Associate
I am quite surprised by the huge **** storm ensuring TBH.

I still think it will be cosmetic and not game changing.
However it seems the Forum community are wetting themselves... again

Can't blame them, considering how many games/devs are being dodgy with pay to win, loot crates, extended grind to drag a game out & things like having to pay for more expensive shadow of war to get more tribes & so on.

Time'll tell though, but I doubt Fdev would do something as stupid.../hopefully.
Perhaps they'll get a ship that's only for them, but similar spec to any already in game.
/shrugs.

Soldato
I doubt very much that it'll be exclusive, quite why the vocal few have decided that it will be is typical internet paranoia. I'd hate to be a developer these days, they can do no right and every single comment is over analysed and pulled in directions it was never intended to be taken in. I've seen a developer leave the field completely due to it before and it sucks. I just wish people would take a moment to think about how they would feel to be criticised in such a manner before doing it to others, but then that is expecting far too much of humanity let alone the denizens of the internet realm.

Soldato
I've watched a few YouTube video about the thargoid situation... What do u reckon that the flower type thargoids are actually the friendly thargoids...and the real thargoids (with the classic ship design) have yet to make an appearance?

Associate
Clarification from tonight's live stream with Ed and Adam, it will categorically not be pay to win.

Yep. Random speculation, as in I would want, a studio to create your own 'ship kits'? Something like that is the only thing I could think of that would be 'premium' enough to warrant mentioning it re: the lifetime pass holders plus be not pay to win.

I've watched a few YouTube video about the thargoid situation... What do u reckon that the flower type thargoids are actually the friendly thargoids...and the real thargoids (with the classic ship design) have yet to make an appearance?

I think all of them will now be 'organic' now but FDev have said that there are other types of Thargoid encounters which implies to me that yeah, the real nasties, whether those be a higher class of ship or Thargoid sect, have yet to show up.

Soldato
There are some good passenger missions once again, 3.5 mil for 75K ls station. Just did a stacked run for 10 million which for 15 mins is not bad.

Boom data Missions on the other hand... Now very poor with some just material rewards. If they were good materials it would be worth it but they are not.

Also very few interdiction. I have not been interdicted all day whilst grinding missions and transporting various groups around. So no bounty bonuses.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Uninstalled again for another 6 months. (this lifetime pass is really worth it.... )

Of course I will pop in this forum often to add my much loved comments on the state of Elite Dullness.

Associate
Uninstalled again for another 6 months. (this lifetime pass is really worth it.... )

Of course I will pop in this forum often to add my much loved comments on the state of Elite Dullness.

That should give you enough time to clear Grim Dawn in one or three characters ;)

Associate

Why do you uninstall it every time you get upset? It's not that big a game. Perhaps a larger drive would save you some grief, and you know you will be back despite your obvious angst.

Associate
I'm considering buying one of the HCS Voicepacks for Elite Dangerous - torn between ASTRA (first to get any updates) and Verity (as that would intergrate with with existing ship AI 'voice'). Could anyone let me know if there is any difference between the two in terms of features & functions - or is it just down to which voice you prefer?

Associate
I'm considering buying one of the HCS Voicepacks for Elite Dangerous - torn between ASTRA (first to get any updates) and Verity (as that would intergrate with with existing ship AI 'voice'). Could anyone let me know if there is any difference between the two in terms of features & functions - or is it just down to which voice you prefer?

Someone else feel free to correct me if I'm talking rubbish but afaik for ship commands Astra & Verity are the same but the former gets updated first, as you said, and has more additional stuff such as quotes plus it is the only one you can have personalised which is why I chose it. My view is that if you just want the ship commands then go Verity, but if you want something more & you've got the cash then I'd go the whole hog and get Astra with the personal responses.

Of course, if you know someone who is reasonably good at acting & voices you could rope them into doing your AI's voice for free :)

Associate
Thanks for the reply Neo. I think that even if I knew a good voice actor (or bought Ivona Amy which I understand is the voice of ASTRA) I would be defeated by the programming of VoiceAttack :( I've managed some simple stuff with it (docking requests etc) - but there appears to be much more going on under the hood with the HCS packs...

Soldato
Voiceattack and the HCS packs have changed the game no end. And now you can assign different voicepacks to different actions its even better

Back
Top Bottom