*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Other than that, they have basically added the option of an FPS, which probably isn't going to be as well done as FPS that have evolved well over time (e.g. insurgency).
So no chance to base build, go mining or something that would be "different", just a tacked on FPS.
Can't say I'm impressed.

It feels like they're trying to force something which nobody really ever wanted or asked for... I've personally never thought Elite would benefit from an FPS element - it's why we fly space ships in the first place :D

If they did away with the FPS side, and instead made a seamless game mechanic, where your seat swivels around - you can get up, walk around your ship, open the hatch and actually step down onto the surface, equipment mining tools - basic building tools, then I think that would have people salivating.

So much of that could also tie into Multicrew, but then that's just a total joke right now :p

Associate
Lol, turns out it's a bug - apparently in the top right, when you get a bounty kill it says the old value, yet when you look in the transactions panel on the left - it shows the actual amount you got :D

I'm using a G5 engineered Krait MKII, running shield-less with lots of hull reinforcements and guardian module protectors (to protect against lightening attacks )

I'm basically using this build; https://coriolis.io/outfit/krait_mkii?code=A2pktkFflfdussf50Hx80H0H0H020202xs059v2d2d2b2H2H0d2E.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==.H4sIAAAAAAAAA42Qq04DURRFd1+82s4w7UwhpCFAp5AAaYLEoJGVSD4BgaiABIFAE4JC8Ak4EHwEH4BAoZBVUM5mH5LeUNGEK3ZWstd9HdgsgO+KYnStqD4XgfpFDUiORI2nKpAPCwALdhDMc8Vc/4uM33pA66Es80UHsWitIJ0q4vyTTFdlZvcxsOxm52RJZslWgjkYm7/XpWeZzFc1LNueSyXvD4fq795JVmw/bL1UzNeMXLhJgHWnDaeu06YTZ+x48pDBB9nz61i37rjCVVOfWNwC2k6Mplfx9Kpp2+Fptz7OR2G01tY4nRo+hNyJ6b/NzHYmzb6qyOeT7I7I3IPE3/UDBV4uSdYBAAA=.EweloBhBmUDYAsICmBDA5gG2SEBGCQkKEoA=&bn=AX BUILD

I use a lot of heatsinks, 3x engineered heatsinks each with 1 extra ammo, and run with frequent silent running. When you're cold the Thargoid has trouble hitting you, so provided you manage heat, you can orbit them with flight assist off and take minimal damage. I also run with repair limpets, so if I take a beating - I can boost away cold, and let the limpets restore some hull health.

Dealing with the Thargon Swarm is one of the hardest things to learn (I'm still learning) and the tougher the thargoid (Cyclops, Basilisk, Medusa, Hydra) the bigger the swarm. For this - it's best to use the remote-release flak-cannon.

Cool thanks. Will take a look into outfitting one of my ships with similar setup, although I havent yet unlocked all the engineers especially the ones for weapons.

Associate
Cool thanks. Will take a look into outfitting one of my ships with similar setup, although I havent yet unlocked all the engineers especially the ones for weapons.

I think the engineering tree in Elite is absolutely miserable. In terms of unlocking and engineering stuff, it's just an awful player experience - it drove me nuts getting all my stuff unlocked..

As a shortcut to getting some of the materials for the modules, for manufactured modules the fastest way is to go to a system, and find "high grade signal sources" and farm them (you can also log on/off to get them to respawn) and for raw materials I use this; http://edtools.ddns.net/list.php then go and find G4 raw materials from crystaline shards. Then go to a material trader, and 'trade down' for the stuff you need...

I found actually trying to find the materials I needed, took so long - it was driving me nuts, better to just find as much G4/G5 stuff as you can, then trade it down for the bits you need :)

Soldato
I think the engineering tree in Elite is absolutely miserable. In terms of unlocking and engineering stuff, it's just an awful player experience - it drove me nuts getting all my stuff unlocked..

As a shortcut to getting some of the materials for the modules, for manufactured modules the fastest way is to go to a system, and find "high grade signal sources" and farm them (you can also log on/off to get them to respawn) and for raw materials I use this; http://edtools.ddns.net/list.php then go and find G4 raw materials from crystaline shards. Then go to a material trader, and 'trade down' for the stuff you need...

I found actually trying to find the materials I needed, took so long - it was driving me nuts, better to just find as much G4/G5 stuff as you can, then trade it down for the bits you need :)
It was even worse before the removal of the specific commodities that were required, way way worse.
Did all combat bonds get a christmas bonus as well as the recent re-balancing or just thargoid?
Pretty sure it was all of them.

Associate
It was even worse before the removal of the specific commodities that were required, way way worse.

I came back to the game right after they changed that, but I remember seeing everybody screaming blue murder about it!

Did all combat bonds get a christmas bonus as well as the recent re-balancing or just thargoid?

It's all of them - I also think it's permanent and part of the balancing tweaks not a bonus from 8th Dec, also includes combat mission buffs. Although Thargoid kills are very profitable right now, each basilisk nets me 26M cr per kill. Might see what a Medusa gives later, I imagine it'll be in the region of 40-60M per kill.

Associate

Thanks will bear this in mind.

Soldato
Finally grabbed this game. Enjoying it so far, though I'm basically treating it as "Space Truck Sim" at the moment. Did a little Fed rep grinding and got Sol unlocked which is nice, but think I need to start earning big cash now so just bought a Type 7 and will carry on doing some more trade loops.

Nice that this game looks great and is low on resource usage!

Soldato
Finally grabbed this game. Enjoying it so far, though I'm basically treating it as "Space Truck Sim" at the moment. Did a little Fed rep grinding and got Sol unlocked which is nice, but think I need to start earning big cash now so just bought a Type 7 and will carry on doing some more trade loops.

Nice that this game looks great and is low on resource usage!

Worth looking at road to riches to setup a good discovery route to make some starting money, some 20-30 hop routes can net to 20M+ credits. Can be quite chill just scanning planets and jumping about :D

Soldato
Worth looking at road to riches to setup a good discovery route to make some starting money, some 20-30 hop routes can net to 20M+ credits. Can be quite chill just scanning planets and jumping about :D
I've literally just discovered this! Do you have a preferred website to use to build the route?

I've been using EDDB for trade loops.

Associate
Ok, complete noob alert.
Just fired this up for the first time. Click start and I'm taken to the hangar on first training mission. The chat starts 'welcome..get comfortable whilst we do prelim checks'
Then no other dialogue. I can use the control panels, but no guide as to what to do next. I've been on YouTube and it shows the 'guide' talking you through everything, but mine does nothing. Am I missing something?

Soldato
I can't even get in the game. Had it for a good few months and just constantly get "can't sync time with server". Has me stumped. Thankfully I got it free on Epic Games. Shame like, I always hope each time it updates that it might work. But nope - never does.

Soldato
I have gotten back into Elite again. It has been a while since I last did any significant combat but I have to say it does feel as though it has been made a lot easier again.
I have spent around 4 hours in a High RES completing a massacre mission and did not drop my shields. This against Elite FDL's, Pythons and wings. In the past they would have at least put up a fight, but was just pew pew. Also, payouts are back to what they were. 20 mill for the mission and 17 mill for all the bounties.
I am in my engineered conda so it is quite a beast but an elite FDL in the past would give me a good run for my money.

Anybody else?

Soldato
Just upgraded to a 3070 from a 1070 - It's been ages since I played. Might dive back in. My fleet was all engineered with the 'old' engineering perks, I know engineering has changed, will they all have been changed over? If not, should I leave them or did engineering get better?

Soldato
Installing again now, haven't played since beta. Have a lifetime pass from backing it...and have a HOTAS again for MSFS so thought I'd give it a go.

Soldato
Just upgraded to a 3070 from a 1070 - It's been ages since I played. Might dive back in. My fleet was all engineered with the 'old' engineering perks, I know engineering has changed, will they all have been changed over? If not, should I leave them or did engineering get better?
You have a choice you can keep as is or you can convert over to new system.... You lose 1 tier of engineering iirc (so a G5 becomes a G4). IF you have a god rolled piece of gear with the perfect secondary effect then you should probably keep it however if not you will probably gain over all on the new system and all the randomness is removed from it.
Improvements are now additive so there is no gambling. Your engineering will never get worse it always gets better until maxed. You can choose for secondary you want

Soldato
Forgotten what a ******* grind this game is.

Datamined Wake Exceptions. There is no system in famine, so that is not an option; sit outside busy stations, no luck; 6 material traders, 0 in stock.
I understand that it is a very rare item but still...

Back
Top Bottom