The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
They nerfed faxes a while back, only allowing one capital cap booster to be fit on them. This pretty much killed their use in wormholes. There was also a fairly recent nerf to resistance modules. This hit all ships and has had a hugely negative impact on PVP. Unfortunately it pushes the game further towards n+1 gameplay. Certainly as a wormholer it has been a bad move.

They have just introduced "weather" into the game. There are now storms which travel around kspace and when they arrive in a system they add temporary effects similar to wormhole effects.

Also, you sure you don't play anymore? You did lose this ship just a few months ago. ;)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/82172281/

Man of Honour
They nerfed faxes a while back, only allowing one capital cap booster to be fit on them. This pretty much killed their use in wormholes. There was also a fairly recent nerf to resistance modules. This hit all ships and has had a hugely negative impact on PVP. Unfortunately it pushes the game further towards n+1 gameplay. Certainly as a wormholer it has been a bad move.

They have just introduced "weather" into the game. There are now storms which travel around kspace and when they arrive in a system they add temporary effects similar to wormhole effects.

Yeah I found it funny they talked about bloodier fights and getting people to PVP more because they could at least kill something, even if the odds were against them, if ships had lower survivability but in reality that just results in people less likely to fight unless the numbers are hugely on their side and in that situation the smaller entity just gets dunked before they can kill anything anyhow - at least with how it used to be a small dedicated group with trick setups could stand a chance of playing the numbers but that possibility is massively reduced with the changes.

On the other hand, unlike a lot of people it seems, I'm actually on board with the ideas of space weather and Triglavian invasions (assuming systems can be switched back) and even the whole blackout thing (the only aspect I thought they got wrong there was that nullsec entities, etc. couldn't actively work to counter/disable it in their space).

Also, you sure you don't play anymore? You did lose this ship just a few months ago. ;)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/82172281/

Since when did I ever fly small ships :p

Soldato
Here is something for any space nerds who spent time in wormholes during the earlier days. A friend of mine is trying to maintain a record of the history of wormhole space. He is very keen to speak with anyone who lived in wormholes but particularly people who lived in them between say 2009 and 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/gmtkzd/anoikis_history_project_help_us_record_the/

If you have the time please DM on reddit the guy who posted that. He will be very happy to hear from you.

@PinkFloyd @Rroff you might be interested...

Man of Honour
My alliance is trying to gain some null space atm and just getting blapped of the grid every single time.
really getting worn out by it.

I always thought null needed to be a mixture of defined and "fuzzy" space so that the big entities could setup an empire on and adjacent to the highways but smaller entities could carve out space in areas not mapped out as long as they were careful. Unfortunately your only option really is as renters for a bigger group unless you have the man power and strategy to make a dent of your own.

A good bit of the reason TXSI setup shop in wormholes back in 2009/10.

Man of Honour
Dead as dead from what I can tell - I occasionally log in as an alpha to catch up with old friends and no one has been in the OcUK channels any of those times.

Back
Top Bottom