The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
I used to work for a guy who would boast all day about how back in the day he was a on Eve like a full time job making a lot of real money somehow.

Said he was one of the greatest all time players and is still very high up on some leaderboard.

Not sure why anyone would make something like that up but he would go on and on about it and i didnt even know what Eve was so i just thought he was mad.

Got you beat on that one. :D

Was at the pub with a few mates earlier and one of them had brought a friend along. Now, like all of us, this fella was an avid gamer but no matter what game anyone mentioned he'd always done better in it than you and had completed it on the hardest levels.

Was an absolute ****er when he found out that I was an EVE Online player, because apparently he'd also completed that on the hardest level too. :D

Associate
In alliance news, PAPI [Legacy and PanFam] and assorted alliances are trying to escape Saigoon.

They ballsed it all up.
They didn't, the game just couldn't support the numbers involved. All the Imperium had to do was log on in numbers, tether and no one could enter their home system in meaningful numbers. In short get enough numbers in system and no one can beat the server, not that I'm playing at the moment but it was one boring as hell war. Be interesting to see what the Imperium does next.

Soldato
That's a blast from the past, roll back 18 years frequenting that place in a little mining imicus.

A recent screen shot? the only thing that has changed appears to be the icons on the sidebar.

Man of Honour
That's a blast from the past, roll back 18 years frequenting that place in a little mining imicus.

A recent screen shot? the only thing that has changed appears to be the icons on the sidebar.

That was a few years back now - I quit playing in ~2015, dropped by when alphas became a thing and used up remaining PLEX to extract my stuff from the WH it was parked in then never played since. Just can't justify investing time and money in the game with the direction it has gone.

Associate
In alliance news, PAPI [Legacy and PanFam] and assorted alliances are trying to escape Saigoon.

They ballsed it all up.
They didn't, the game just couldn't support the numbers involved. All the Imperium had to do was log on in numbers, tether and no one could enter their home system in meaningful numbers. In short get enough numbers in system and no one can beat the server, not that I'm playing at the moment but it was one boring as hell war. Be interesting to see what the Imperium does next.

Have to agree with Myaniad, they really did make a massive balls of things. After M2 everyone seen what happened when so many folks tried to get into the one system but yet they kept their members in Delve, told them that's where they'd be living and that the Imperium were contained in the one constellation. As a casual Eve player who happens to be in the Imperium it was brilliant, PAPI were staging in the next system and we didn't have to travel any distance for fights etc.. PAPI members were getting bored, they lost good FC's and the numbers advantage they had earlier was really starting to wane. Even when they announced they would have a final try they started unachoring keepstars and it seemed their members weren't sure what was happening. As for what Imperium does next, probably start rebuilding, TEST are moving to the other side of the map (that has been problematic as well for them) but I can't really see Imperium trying to chase them but I'm a just a bottom basement line member, I've no idea.

Honestly, I enjoyed the war, fair play to PAPI for giving it a shot, it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster at times but glad were still in Delve. The back and forth insults get a bit out of hand at times on the likes of Reddit but that's not really my cup of tea, don't care which side anyone is on, we're all part of the same game.

Associate
The game is awesome and I've played it on and off but I dare not pick it up again for the time is consumes. I still feel eve is sustained by its dedicated and loyal fans

Man of Honour

This is what I liked about Eve - sure this is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel but if you get creative and make an effort it is possible to pull off fights against the odds, etc. so I really hate all the changes which pander towards people who won't make the effort.

Soldato
I've just started playing this, and I'm enjoying it at the moment. It would be good to have some people to talk to on voice chat or something in the quiet periods and maybe do something exciting together.

Man of Honour
There is an OcUK channel in the game - but I dunno if anyone really plays much any more.

I very occasionally pop in as an alpha to see what has changed, etc.

Commissario
I still log on most days just to claim the freebies and do the odd mission every now and then but I don’t have the time or inclination any more.

I spent far too much time on Eve when it was still relatively new.

Soldato
Nah, haven't played in ages. I was really put off by capital ships, game was so much better before that. Stayed around coz mates played for a bit, but heart not really in it. Then everyone lost interest and microtransactions/skins/marketing bs wrecked it.

Associate
Trying to locate all my ships haha.. not sure where they are. Just says hanger.
I did really enjoy the massive (without and capital ships) fights we use to have against AAA..
Game looks so different now.

Man of Honour
Same - but every time I log in as an Alpha now and again it just reinforces my decision to stop playing. I'd go back to a static, slightly improved, 2013/14ish era version of the game in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Though to be fair some of the new additions to the game are brilliant it is just the churn of changes to what should be established mechanics, often for very wrong reasons.

Back
Top Bottom