**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
OP
I just hope he vacates the 145lb belt before he takes the time off to be a dad! Otherwise the FW division is going to be on hold for even longer!

100% Agree with this.

It was 14 months before they stripped Frank Mir of his belt, due to his motorbike accident.

He physically couldn't defend his belt, Conor has no such excuse. Give it up or defend it arrghhhh.

Soldato
OP
100% this!

There is no earthly reason for Pettis v Holloway to be for any kind of title (Pettis shouldn't even be the same discussion with 3 losses in his last 4 fights!) other than to try and placate the fans who have already bought tickets or ordered the ppv with a "title" bout!

Not sure what the current position is with Aldo - the last I heard he was quitting the UFC/MMA because he wasn't being treated like a king any more!?!?

Aldo v Holloway for the actual title would have made more sense imo!

Aldo has said he wants to defend the belt and then wants a fight with Conor at 155.

Lol, the UFC have never treated Aldo like a king at all, quite the opposite really.

Soldato
OP
The new owners paid too much for the UFC and have to make the big fights.

We can complain about it all we want, but people will watch it, I know I will.

I actually think Bisping is a bit of a handful for GSP, he has good wrestling, good standup, cardio for days and will be bigger than Georges. It's an intersting fight.

Soldato
OP
I see the Bisping vs GSP fight has fallen through.

Romero next to face Bisping, at some point. I actually think if Bisping can last the first 2, he will win a decision. Romero has suspect cardio and Bisping puts it on throughout the whole fight.

If he can survive a Dan Henderson bomb (the 2nd time ;)) then he should be able to take one from Romero, I really hope he wins and puts to bed all the doubt about him as a champ.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom