**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Always amazed by how Cerrone never gets injured. Fights so often, is an actual cowboy, lives an insane life and he is always there on fight night.
Two weeks before his fight with Jeremy Stephens he was in intensive care getting surgery on his intestines after a motocross accident; I suspect he often fights injured rather than pulling out of a fight.

Yup like said above cowboy fights injured all the time, its just part of mma.

Same thing RDA did during the pettis fight he had a serious knee injury...

Anyhow am glad cowboy gets makdessi, but cowboy should have this hopefully he can rest up and fight RDA for the belt.

Don't forget Gustaffson is out also against his fight with glover texeria....

Anyhow its all about mayweaver and then next weekend is hunt vs stipe and soon rumble vs dc for the belt :)

I couldn't give a **** about the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight to be honest - I find boxing ridiculously boring now in comparison to MMA.

In general I would absolutely agree with this, but this is a massive fight. I tend to think there are 3/4 big fights a year worth watching in boxing, this is one of them.

Compare that to numerous MMA fights that are genuinely interesting, it's fair to say MMA > Boxing, imo.

The last boxing match I watched (which was the first in a fair while!) was the Frotch vs Groves rematch and while the KO was pretty decent, the 7 rounds leading up to it was exceptionally boring - I found myself thinking "kick him, take him down!" :D

I know what you mean about this being a mega-fight but in all honesty these guys should have been in the ring together 5+ years ago in their respective primes!

The last boxing match I watched (which was the first in a fair while!) was the Frotch vs Groves rematch and while the KO was pretty decent, the 7 rounds leading up to it was exceptionally boring - I found myself thinking "kick him, take him down!" :D
I find myself thinking the same thing when I watch boxing; some people say that boxing is like draughts to MMA's chess, but to me boxing is like chess with all the pieces taken away except the kings and the pawns.

Wouldn't call myself a fan of boxing but I still thoroughly enjoy it from time to time. If I hear a certain fight was good or a war I'll probably end up watching it. Also whenever Rigondeaux is fighting I'll watch that. He's ****ing awesome to watch.

You've gotta watch May-Pac, man. Just don't watch it with an MMA attitude or you'll be pulling your hair out. Same goes for all boxing. It's the same thing boxing fans that despise MMA do. "Lol their hands are ****. Look how straight on they stand" etc.

Finally caught up with the last card.

Wow has a lot gone on since then, shame about cowboy's fight changing. Wonder if he wins, is he then in line for title shot still?

I think Faber Edgar is soon as well.

(As for the boxing it was as dull as I expected)

Yeah it was hard to stomach and watch the big hyped boxing over the weekend, I think it was the hype and labelling of the biggest fight ever and what not.

Even ufc and ufc fighters said the real action will be due later on this month on the dc/rumble and weidman/vitor card. More emphasis has been also placed on aldo/connor fight which they are already saying will be the real action compared to manny fight.

Bad showing from Hunt, that fight did nothing apart from show us how tough he is.

From what I've been reading he had a really bad weight-cut and showed up not in proper fight shape and it definately showed. Absolute mauling, apparently the most strikes landed in a single fight... got beat up and beat up badly.

Just got round to watching Fight Night 65....

Hunt looked like he was blowing after 2 minutes, i'm amazed he lasted as long as he did, although the referee could easily have stepped in a couple of times prior to the stoppage. In particular when he was mounted.

Most bizarre match up I can recall for a long time, and thought as much when I saw the match up at the weigh in was Alvey Vs Dan Kelly. Kelly looked woeful on the Ultimate Fighter smashes, and is far from a young gun so it was inevitable he was going to get destroyed. Strange, strange match up.

Last edited:
Some pretty grim news today, Corey Hill, who some might remember was on The Ultimate Fighter a number of years ago, or as the guy who suffered a horrific leg break injury has died. Apparently he suffered a heart attack and a collapsed lung, he was only 36. :(

Other news... Fight Night 66 is on tomorrow night, 10PM on BT Sport.

Featherweight Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber
Middleweight Gegard Mousasi vs. Costas Philippou
Middleweight Mark Muñoz vs. Luke Barnatt
Welterweight Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Neil Magny
Featherweight Phillipe Nover vs. Yui Chul Nam
Featherweight Mark Eddiva vs. Levan Makashvili

Last edited:
match ups for saturday nights UFC...

Z6VWOSQ.png

i think as Jones is out, the Weidman fight should be moved to the main event/last fight of the night

Back
Top Bottom