**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

They've released details of the UFC Fight Night in Glasgow for July.

Bisping Vs Leites
Pearson Vs Dunham as Co.

Not the worst, but it's the same old, same old fighters whenever the UFC comes over here. Haven't had a title fight since Rampage Vs Hendo and that's what, 6/7 years ago? Must've seen Bisping and Pearson live 5 times now. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought Paul Taylor and Marcus Davies back in for good measure.

Underwhelmed, but considering we're lucky to have an event once a year at the moment I might try and get tickets.

Last edited:
Looked to me like Vitor was completely gassed after that blitz. For a moment I thought he had Weidman in serious trouble.

Did anyone else think it was kind of a late stoppage? I was surprised it wasn't stopped earlier. Vitor was just completely helpless getting smashed over and over for what seemed like an age. Wasn't even defending himself most of the time. Kind of nasty to watch.

Looked to me like Vitor was completely gassed after that blitz. For a moment I thought he had Weidman in serious trouble.

Did anyone else think it was kind of a late stoppage? I was surprised it wasn't stopped earlier. Vitor was just completely helpless getting smashed over and over for what seemed like an age. Wasn't even defending himself most of the time. Kind of nasty to watch.

I guess the transition from being on TRT was harder that he thought!

I must admit the beating did seem to go on a little longer than it needed to but I guess with it being a co-main event as well as a title fight, the ref had to give a bit more leeway!

I've just had a chance to catch up on my recording of UFC 187, wow! That was one of the best cards I've seen in ages.

I'm not surprised by the results though, apart from maybe the Arlovski vs Browne fight. I think the LHW division is a bit pointless at the moment. We all know that whoever holds the belt is just keeping it warm if Jones is able to return. He's already dominated Cormier in one fight and I don't see a rematch being any different. I hope that Rockhold gets the next title shot against Weidman in the MW division, he deserves it after going on an impressive run since his loss to Belfort.

I'm now looking forward to the Heavyweight title unification fight in a little over two weeks. Cain is probably my favourite fighter so I'm hoping he takes Werdum apart.

I'm not surprised by the results though, apart from maybe the Arlovski vs Browne fight. I think the LHW division is a bit pointless at the moment. We all know that whoever holds the belt is just keeping it warm if Jones is able to return. He's already dominated Cormier in one fight and I don't see a rematch being any different. I hope that Rockhold gets the next title shot against Weidman in the MW division, he deserves it after going on an impressive run since his loss to Belfort.

I'm now looking forward to the Heavyweight title unification fight in a little over two weeks. Cain is probably my favourite fighter so I'm hoping he takes Werdum apart.

Agree here - would like to see Rockhold get the next shot after the way he decimated Machida! To be fair though, Jacare would also make for a good fight imo!

Hope Cain wipes the floor with Werdum to be honest - I've disliked Werdum ever since he refused to stand with Overeem in the Strikeforce GP - he basically sat himself on the floor and invited Overeem into his guard! :o

Last edited:
Are the UFC events still shown on BT Sport? I have it on series link but the last few events haven't been recorded :confused:

One of the Fight Nights was NOT on BT sport, I do not think they will all be now the contract has ended for them. (I think that info is from someone on here)

The numbered events are all on BT at the moment. I would delete your series link and set up a new one!

Excellent night of fights!

Browne lost me my 6 fight accumulator! doh!

One of the Fight Nights was NOT on BT sport, I do not think they will all be now the contract has ended for them. (I think that info is from someone on here)

The numbered events are all on BT at the moment. I would delete your series link and set up a new one!

Excellent night of fights!

Browne lost me my 6 fight accumulator! doh!

was that due to the timing of the event? i dont think BT are allowed to show it before the watershed, any fights comming from Austrailia etc would fall into that catagory

Thanks for the info guys, I'll redo my series link!

I think I'd prefer to see Jacare take on Weidman next, been really impressed with him.

It was really an incredibly entertaining fight, both throwing bombs, both getting rocked (Browne more so obviously).

Cracking fight, when Browne landed that return and dropped Arlovski I almost jumped through the roof.

Excellent, elite level fights last Sunday. I told my friend that Weidman would tear through Vitor, and to not buy into the Vitor hype post-TRT. Glad I was right. Weidman is an exceptionally talented fighter and Rockhold will be a very tough test. It's a shame this whole Reebok deal is casting such a dark shadow over the consistent, quality entertainment the UFC is putting out recently.

Just bought my tickets for the Fight Night in Glasgow on the 18th July.

It's just a shame that the fight card isn't very good and we'll be sitting up in the rafters because the cheapest seats were £55.

Anyway, despite that I'm looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere (and beer) at a live UFC event. I hope Bisping gets his arse kicked in the main event. Most of the comments he comes out with are just ridiculous.

As an Englishman I don't fancy going to Glasgow of all places for a fighting event. I can just imagine the scenes afterwards when everyone thinks they're a mixed martial artist after a few beers.

Can't even bring myself to tune into TUF anymore. Did an amazing job of launching MMA into the mainstream many moons ago but these days its one dimensional fighters and fake made up drama.

Back
Top Bottom