**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate

Interesting interview with Conor and Ariel, seems he finds the cut down to featherweight pretty difficult and was considering moving up to lightweight after the fight with Aldo. Was surprised that he actually has a 2 inch reach and 1 inch height advantage on Dos Anjos.

I seem to remember Dana White saying he would be hesitant on putting a big title fight on in Ireland due to the time difference and how it would effect the PPV buys. Would be good to watch a big title fight at a reasonable time though.

Soldato
Love machida, my favourite fighter but I think he's done at the top level. He's too small at light heavy and not fast enough at middle. Plus I think fighters have figured him out, better than a gate keeper but I reckon that's what he will be from now on.

Shame about aldo, think conors gonna get mauled by Mendez so we ain't gonna see also vs connars for a while.

Soldato
Yea I think this is the best decision all-round, apart from having them fight for an interim title - he misses one fight and there's an interim title.. what the hell?!

Apparently this is the fifth title fight Aldo has backed out of now, this time after having medical clearance to fight - you can see why Dana would be annoyed enough with him to throw an interim belt at McGregor or Mendes.

Associate
Aldo has defended his title as much as any other current champion. If he had been inactive for a year or longer I could understand the interim title. Conor doesnt beat Mendes or Aldo regardless.

It's a shame for Lyoto but he'll finish his career with the UFC. Him going to Bellator is too big a risk at this point.

Soldato
It could be more to do with the fact that Conor was promised he would be fighting for a belt? Make no doubt about it that Conor is the draw on this card, he brings in the fans like no other active fighter right now.

Soldato
I wonder how he's going to adapt from fighting a stand up battle to fighting one of the best wrestlers in the division who also has phenomenal stand up. Mendez vs Aldo was a tear up, with aldo probably only having a 10% edge in the striking.

Watched conor vs siver last night and his striking was very loose and natural, should be a great fight.

Is welterweight title fight on same card too? rory and forgot his name.

Associate
^Yes. Rory McDonald vs Robbie Lawler. Should be a great fight, which IMO is getting overshaddowed by the main event.

Its inevitable that Connor would fight Mendes at some point, but given the circumstances, its a shame that Aldo pulled out (wise decision from a personal POV) as this has done him no favours by pulling out of a main event 5 times! Dana must be ****ed! And I've not checked the validity of this "fact" but apparently, Aldo is the worst drawing champion for PPV buys...

Associate
Soldato
Looking forward to seeing Conor at a more comfortable weight in future bouts against the likes of Pettis and Henderson.

Connor and Pettis, longest legs win :D

Hopefully we should see less and less extreme weight cutting now that they've banned re hydrating via IV.

I actually never knew they did this! :eek:

TUF from last night is worth a watch if you missed it

With Jackson? I don't know how i felt about that one yet.

Soldato
ive been skim watching the mojority of it and just watched the fights, best fight of the series last night tbh.
live finale is on sunday

Yeah for sure, did you see Jacksons previous fight. Honestly the guy has some striking talent so quick and precise.

Do feel led up the path with the results so they could have the finale on sunday. Who would have thought it would be a tie on the semi final!

Back
Top Bottom