tbh

tbh

Associate
Please no. :(

147.gif

Soldato
Update:

Guilherme Cruz ‏@guicruzzz 10 minutes ago
Nova Uniao coach Jair Lourenco on TV show Revista Combate: rib injury is complicated, usually takes a month to heal, but Aldo wants to fight

Guilherme Cruz ‏@guicruzzz 9 minutes ago
I'm told Aldo is discussing options with his team and doctors, ways to go on and fight. Not easy, though.

There's no way he can fight, man.

Caporegime
No point having the fight as if he loses, the injury will be blamed. If he wins then UFC's biggest moneymaker at the moment looks like a flop if he can't beat an injured Aldo.

Let him heal, reschedule it and do it properly.

Soldato
Can you imagine what Mcgregor is going to be saying if Aldo drops out :p

Yes, but if I put it here there will be a lot of yellow stars.

No point having the fight as if he loses, the injury will be blamed. If he wins then UFC's biggest moneymaker at the moment looks like a flop if he can't beat an injured Aldo.

Agreed. It's a no win situation for anyone if the fight goes ahead.

Soldato

Completely agree, it's not going to look great for the UFC either way. Fortunately they've got Lawler vs MacDonald as a ready-made main event if the Aldo fight is cancelled.

I'm so gutted about this, this is the problem when you announce such a big fight and promote it 6 months prior.

It's the problem with the UFC and MMA as a whole too. It's rare that a boxing match gets called off because one of the boxers gets injured leading up to it, yet it happens all the time in the UFC. I know it's much more likely to happen because of the way MMA fighters train, but surely something has to be done about it if the UFC wants to truly compete with boxing? Imo fight cancellations due to injury are the number one problem the UFC faces, particularly in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Associate
If the fight still goes on and Connor wins?...it will only set up a rematch.

Personally, a fit Jose Aldo would beat ConnorConnor but not knowing how Aldo truly feels about his injury makes me think Connor is within a real chance to get the win.

Back
Top Bottom