**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Also Dana needs to stop all this Trump PR nonsense. Makes the events look like a Trump PR stunt rather than a serious fighting production....
Why would Dana White stop promoting Trump when his big wish is for Trump to become president again? They have been friends for almost 30 years and are both as morally and ethically corrupt as it gets. Dana White has helped to run the UFC like a sporting mafia for many years and wants to keep it that way, hence why he continually courts the worlds worst powerful and authoritarian people.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The cool thing about freak fights is it shows you how little chance much smaller guys actually have against massive guys in fights in real life, when all things are otherwise roughly equal. A significantly bigger guy will either smash you or just get on top of you and be so heavy that you can do nothing except lie there while getting pummeled.

Best thing to do is run, run like the wind. :D

Soldato
I believe (I've yet to watch them but have them all ready for viewing one day) but didn't Pride do a series of big v small fights?

I think it's the spectacle that makes it interesting, in the same way as the very early UFC's pitching different types of fighters against each other. As much as I enjoy the UFC, the fighters are so well rounded these days they pretty much all have the same skill set so a lot of the fights tend to be similar. Ok some of the early fights were rubbish and hugely imbalanced but it was intriguing.

Soldato
Got an email from the UFC just now about putting your name on the canvas for the Edwards card. Not that I am going to but if you actually went to it and were into sporting memorabilia I think it's great value, much cheaper than I expected considering they cut it out after and frame it for you as part of the deal.

Soldato
Izzy Du Plessis in August :cool:

Adesanya -- who resides in nearby Auckland, New Zealand -- hasn't fought since he dropped the title in a stunning upset to Sean Strickland last September. After the loss, Adesanya suggested that he might not compete again until 2027, a stance he has since backed off on.

*Nearby = 6 and a half hour flight.

Back
Top Bottom