**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
According to Ariel Helwani on Twitter, Pettis is in the frame to replace RDA against McGregor!

Not sure he's going to present much of a challenge though, thought he was very poor against Alvarez

Associate
According to Ariel Helwani on Twitter, Pettis is in the frame to replace RDA against McGregor!

Not sure he's going to present much of a challenge though, thought he was very poor against Alvarez

Dam shame, no title for Conor to fight for? What is the benefit for either fighters who ever steps in?

Last edited:
Soldato
Some fighters are really dumb with the amount of full contact training they do. I watched the countdown episode of one of the recent UFC events and I couldn't believe how hard some of the guys were fighting in training. I can't remember who it was, but one of the heavyweights was doing a sparring session with one of his training camp guys and if it hadn't been for the pads they were wearing you could be mistaken for thinking it was a real fight. Surely take things down a notch, particularly in the final few weeks before a fight?!

Fair enough if it's a muscle or ligament that you damage while moving awkwardly in training, but breaking a bone can't be down to anything but not training smart.

edit: respect to Connor if he still takes a fight. He's got more to lose now that RdJ has pulled out.

tbh

tbh

Associate

giphy.gif

RDA Y U DO DIS?

Soldato
Why do they do such intense training a few days before a fight? Surely it makes sense to train hard in the weeks coming up to a fight but ease off just before the fight?

Soldato
My money is on Cerrone stepping in. He always takes fights on short notice, is pretty much always in shape... and probably isn't much of a threat to the cash cow.

Associate
My money is on Cerrone stepping in. He always takes fights on short notice, is pretty much always in shape... and probably isn't much of a threat to the cash cow.

I suppose it's this, Cerrone dont like conor. Wants to bend him over and knock the luck charms out'a him.

Could be interesting.

Caporegime
I think they'd sooner feed Nate Diaz to the wolf, Cerrone is a big enough name to make an event out of that fight later down the line, no point wasting that on a short notice 'oh but he was never ready for it' type fight

Back
Top Bottom