**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Turned it down because he's not in shape apparently. Can't blame him, got dusted in 13 seconds off a full camp so doubtful he would fancy it again on 2 weeks notice.

Yet another +1 in Conor's bag.

I seen a interview with Aldo recently saying "want that rematch, I deserve a rematch with conor. Title or no title, I'm training already"

Now I bet if conor had the chance to jump into a fight he's be ready!

Associate
Diaz at Welterweight

I love Connor's bravado but going to WW is an even bigger step up - even if Diaz isn't of the caliber of RDA!

I know he want's to be seen as the "I'll take all on anyone" guy but payday aside, I don't see much of an upside to fighting Diaz on these terms!

But he isn't really going up to WW, going up to WW would be fighting a true WW like Robbie Lawler. Nate Diaz last fought at lightweight so is probably walking around at a weight similar to WW. I imagine they've done it at WW as it's so close to the fight. I think it will be interesting to see Conor without having to cut weight at all.

Caporegime
Makes sense to make a fight that isn't a massive risk to the title fight, but at 170 it makes it a little bit more interesting. Diaz isn't a particularly large WW though and is more suited to 155 so yeah, makes sense all round.

I think Diaz is getting smoked, he will likely try and take this down pretty quickly I would think, his ground game is pretty slick.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think Diaz is getting smoked, he will likely try and take this down pretty quickly I would think, his ground game is pretty slick.

I think Diaz's pride and anger issues will get him in trouble, you know they'll be talking trash to each other from the get go but with Conor it's all mind games where as I think Diaz will take it more personally and let it affect his game.

Got Conor winning this one by decision, can't see him TKO/KO'ing Nate, and I don't think this fight will hit the floor for any real duration of time.

Caporegime
if the fight stays standing I can see Nate getting demolished, Koscheck Vs GSP (second fight) style. Nate throws the 1-2 pretty much exclusively, Conor will be far too slick for that.

Associate
if the fight stays standing I can see Nate getting demolished, Koscheck Vs GSP (second fight) style. Nate throws the 1-2 pretty much exclusively, Conor will be far too slick for that.

I'd say Nate has better hands than RDA so I think we will have some interesting exchanges but IMO Conor is just so much better at putting it all together.

I am bat **** crazy excited for this fight! The in cage trash talk is going to be through the roof! :D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
When I saw Diaz @ WW I thought he was fighting Nick, that would have been one hell of a fight. I like Nate too though, should be brutal.

Edit: Just heard some of the trashtalk - I know its immature but I must admit some of the stuff that Conor was saying had me giggling.

Last edited:
Soldato
he makes gang signs with one hand and balloon animals with the other :p:p:p

only seen 1 minute of press conference and mcregors already in his head.

Caporegime
Diaz doesn't have the wit to compete with Conor, he's okay to listen to when he's up against another dumb yank who sling terrible trash talk at each other though.

I did find his response about buying weed with the winnings funny though :D Dana will love that one.

Soldato
OP
I wish they had picked Cerrone for this, it ended up at 170 anyway. Cerrone has just finished a camp for 170 and will still be very much in fight shape.

Neither Diaz or Cerrone are proper 170lb fighters, they both belong at 155. So again the weight isn't really an issue.

Just seems weird giving it to a guy who won't be in shape when there is someone of similar calibre in shape and ready to go.

I think either fight is exciting, but I think Cerrone would have more of a chance as he mixes things up much better than Nate. An yes I know Nate beat Diaz, but MMA math never works.

One thing that does wind me up about Connor and his camp, yes he is taking on a new opponent and he could have backed out which is great. But that opponent is not in shape and it does make a huge difference, otherwise fighters wouldn't bother having fight camps. They make out like he is so sort of God for being happy to take on someone who hasn't had a camp. Someone who is a 155er and isn't as good as who Connor was about to fight in RDA anyway.

I'd be happy if it were me having to fight Nate instead of RDA lol.

Caporegime

Hope Wilkinson smashes Amirkhani, he seems like a complete douchebag.

I definitely worry for Bisping in this one, I don't really see how he wins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom