**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
I dont get how anyone can question it? silva had the upper hand in the 4th and 5th but decided to just stand next to the cage after landing a decent hit, bisping was the aggressor because of that... the third was a joke.. silva spent to much time clowning around tbh.

Soldato
So happy right now.. Twitter is going nuts saying it's BS. How I have no idea, I'm not disputing the fact Silva could have probably finished him, however his persona cost him dearly and arrogance in the first three where he did literally nothing lost him the fight. Bisping went through some tough and controversial times there and dug deep and got the job done. Huge congratulations to him thoroughly deserved.

Soldato
I really thought Silva won by miles, bispings face was mashed up and got knocked down twice, it should have been ended in the 3rd round for me.

Seriously feel like Silva got robbed, he hardly had a mark on him. Really hate it when this happens and the judges rob the true winner.

Silva is an amazing fighter and I really hope he wins his next fight and gets a shot at the title.

Also UFC Fight pass sucks...I got logged out like 20 times from the website and had to keep logging back in...so annoying running from the sofa to the PC and back to the sofa! lol. Need to message Dana White on Twitter to say please dont put UFC main events on fight pass ever again.

Soldato
I really thought Silva won by miles, bispings face was mashed up and got knocked down twice, it should have been ended in the 3rd round for me.

Seriously feel like Silva got robbed, he hardly had a mark on him. Really hate it when this happens and the judges rob the true winner.

Silva is an amazing fighter and I really hope he wins his next fight and gets a shot at the title.

Also UFC Fight pass sucks...I got logged out like 20 times from the website and had to keep logging back in...so annoying running from the sofa to the PC and back to the sofa! lol. Need to message Dana White on Twitter to say please dont put UFC main events on fight pass ever again.

If it kept logging you out i would suggest changing your password. As there is a good chance someone else is using your acount.

Associate
But MMA isnt scored on damage done so that measn nothing. Bisping knocked silva down also, was the aggressor always throwing apart from that controversial knee and a few other strikes silva just stood there. His arrogance lost him the fight.

But ah well everyone sees things differently ! fact is bisping won so nice one :D

Soldato
Think it is telling most of the pro fighters on twitter have it going to Bisping*. I had it 48-47 because I felt Bisping had the first, second and fourth. It's a 10 point must system.

*Yes I fully expect someone to find specific examples proving that statement wrong, but in the broadest strokes I am right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was just about to say the above Silva got knocked down and rocked 2/3 times, the main part of bisping damage was the flying knee which was on the bell and from a lapse of concentration, bisping was more so thinking about Anderson yet he choose to battle on, I'm sure he wont make that mistake again.

Caporegime

This fight was a good example of the difference between winning a fight from a street fighting point of view versus a sporting MMA point of view.

On the metrics that the fights are scored on, Bisping absolutely trounced Silva really. All of Silvas damage was done with one knee on the bell at the end of the third, fight is never going to be stopped for a strike on the bell like that.

Bisping was almost constantly the aggressor, controlled the octagon more, landed more, landed more significant strikes etc.

If you were just fighting until a knockout then Silva would clearly have shut down Bisping before Bisping could have put Silva away but that's not MMA.

Silva has been in the game long enough to know you need the KO if you're going to lean on the fence and never push the fight yourself. He didn't get it. He could have swarmed Bisping at the start of the 4th but just held back instead.

Silva has no one to blame but himself for losing that.

Soldato
This fight was a good example of the difference between winning a fight from a street fighting point of view versus a sporting MMA point of view.

On the metrics that the fights are scored on, Bisping absolutely trounced Silva really. All of Silvas damage was done with one knee on the bell at the end of the third, fight is never going to be stopped for a strike on the bell like that.

Bisping was almost constantly the aggressor, controlled the octagon more, landed more, landed more significant strikes etc.

If you were just fighting until a knockout then Silva would clearly have shut down Bisping before Bisping could have put Silva away but that's not MMA.

Silva has been in the game long enough to know you need the KO if you're going to lean on the fence and never push the fight yourself. He didn't get it. He could have swarmed Bisping at the start of the 4th but just held back instead.

I see what your saying, I didnt think about it this way, I was just so focused on the damage and how Bispings face looked throughout the fight compared to Silva but yeah your right, Bisping did land more punches and throw down more volume, he outworked Silva for sure in that respect. A

I thought Silva looked great though, especially after everything hes been through last few years and all the bad luck he had, but Bisping did do good as well and he should be proud of himself for that 5 round war he went through.

Can't wait to see both of them fight again. And can't wait for connor mcgreggor next weekend too!! :D

Last edited:
Soldato

I see what your saying, I didnt think about it this way, I was just so focused on the damage and how Bispings face looked throughout the fight compared to Silva but yeah your right, Bisping did land more punches and throw down more volume, he outworked Silva for sure in that respect.

I thought Silva looked great though, especially after everything he's been through last few years and all the bad luck he had, but Bisping did do good as well and he should be proud of himself for that 5 round war he went through.

Can't wait to see both of them fight again. And can't wait for connor mcgreggor next weekend too!! :D

Back
Top Bottom