**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Silva gonna Silva. No idea why he fights like that.

Bisping won that purely on volume, control and actual punches landed. He took the first two without question, then I would personally have given him the 4th.

Soldato
Silva gonna Silva. No idea why he fights like that.

Bisping won that purely on volume, control and actual punches landed. He took the first two without question, then I would personally have given him the 4th.

100% this!

Bisping took the 1st, 2nd & 4th through work rate imo - quite ridiculous when you consider that Silva should have swarmed him and finished the fight in the 4th after that knee at the end of the 3rd!

Associate
Silva looked solid throughout - he had Bisping rocked and he really could have put more effort in. No idea wth he was doing with the laid back approach, but well, he left it to the judges :/

Way more impressed with Silva's performance though - respect to him that he still has it at 40 years old. Amazing stuff.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, Silva did far more damage and was far more effective in the shots he did throw (given that Bisping looked like he'd run face first into a glass door and Silva was virtually unmarked!) but he can't blame anyone but himself for the loss!

Fair enough he didn't hear the bell at the end of the third and so thought he'd won but once he was aware, he should have put Bisping away early in the forth - but instead he just stood there!?!?!

Right result imo!

Soldato
OP
I see what your saying, I didnt think about it this way, I was just so focused on the damage and how Bispings face looked throughout the fight compared to Silva but yeah your right, Bisping did land more punches and throw down more volume, he outworked Silva for sure in that respect.

I thought Silva looked great though, especially after everything he's been through last few years and all the bad luck he had, but Bisping did do good as well and he should be proud of himself for that 5 round war he went through.

Can't wait to see both of them fight again. And can't wait for connor mcgreggor next weekend too!! :D

Silva doesn't seem to cut or mark up on his face at all. I don't think I have ever seen him showing damage. Even after Sonnen spent 4 rounds punching him in the face, he didn't show anything to suggest it.

Soldato
Silva doesn't seem to cut or mark up on his face at all. I don't think I have ever seen him showing damage. Even after Sonnen spent 4 rounds punching him in the face, he didn't show anything to suggest it.

I've noticed this, I think the Bisping fight is actually the worst I've seen for him in terms of damage (apart from the obvious floppy-leg against Weidman!) - a swollen eye (albeit from a poke!) and a trickle of blood from his other eye/cheek!

Soldato
What time is McGregor's fight likely to be on Saturday night/Sunday morning? 5:30am-6:00am or later? Sussing out if I can be bothered staying up or whether I should set my alarm and just go to bed at a normal hour!

Soldato
What time is McGregor's fight likely to be on Saturday night/Sunday morning? 5:30am-6:00am or later? Sussing out if I can be bothered staying up or whether I should set my alarm and just go to bed at a normal hour!

Impossible to say to be honest - I believe the main card is scheduled to start at 10pm ET, which by my calculations should be 3am over here.

The unknown is whether the main card fights are 1st round KO's or go the distance - tends to have a big impact upon when the main event will start in my experience - especially as there is a title fight, which could go 5 rounds!

I'd aim to be awake for no later than 4:30 just in case!

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Conor will begin his ringwalk at 04:47am and round one will start at 05:03am
thats my guess :)

Soldato
OP
Seeing him next to Nate makes me realize how tiny he would look against a proper 170lb fighter, imagine him next to a fully re hydrated Mcdonald, he would be tiny.

The only 170 fighters I can ever see him competing with are the shorter ones with short reach, like Lawler for example. He is actually one of the easier matchups for Mcregor body composition wise, plus he likes to bang not grapple.

But put him in with the big boys and I can't see him competing.

Caporegime
Even though Nate hasn't had anywhere near enough time to prep I can't see McGregor knocking him out for some reason, the size difference and the fact he's never been knocked out, only TKO'd. That being said it wouldn't at all surprise me if McGregor does it, he seems to keep doing the impossible.

Associate
Even though Nate hasn't had anywhere near enough time to prep I can't see McGregor knocking him out for some reason, the size difference and the fact he's never been knocked out, only TKO'd. That being said it wouldn't at all surprise me if McGregor does it, he seems to keep doing the impossible.

Very true, Don't get me wrong I am a Mcgregor fan boy Haha... But the more I watch and read and think about it. Nate must be a hard opponent despite the odds on this.

Is it worth sticking a bet on Nate?

Soldato
OP
I'm sure he is capable of knocking him out, you can't knock Mcgregors power.

It's a real shame Diaz hasn't had a proper camp and I know he is in shape he stays in shape, but it's not fight shape.

It's not Mcgregors fault when he gets a replacement but it does take a little off each achievement when he is beating people who have had 2 weeks to get fight ready.

I just hope it's a good fight, I can see Conor targeting Diaz's legs and body with kicks, the Diaz bros never both dealing with kicks and it is very much a weakness they both have.

Such a fun fight :) Cowboy would have been just as fun.

Soldato
mcregor does not look as relaxed as usual !

and nate doesnt look scared even if conor keeps saying he does

going to be interesting for sure

Back
Top Bottom