**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Man of Honour
He was playing the rule book, two hands down so no knee's. He said so himself.
the replays showed that the knee's were legal, but the state of NY doesnt allow replays.. so i guess theres a big learning experience here for the people in charge
the end result certainly opened a can of worms imo

Caporegime
The knees were totally legal, complete **** up by Mirigliatta (spelling) but that's no surprise, the worst ref in the business no question. Anik (shocking commentator) was saying how difficult a job it is being a ref, in that position I completely disagree the ONLY thing he should be looking at is whether the knees are legal. The guy is a clown.

DC doing what DC does, grinding. Pretty much a carbon copy of the first fight, DC as an underdog was absolutely crazy. Gutted AJ is quitting though, we never got to see him face off with Jones which could've been a great fight, plus AJ always has the chance of knocking him stiff.

Ridiculous gameplay from AJ as well, he had so many opportunities to break but wanted to grapple. Madness.

DC Vs Manuwa could be a complete snooze fest. Super strong wrestler against a guy who has virtually no ground game = potential 5 rounds of grinding.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Watching the post fight press conference Weidman has really gone down in my estimations.

He is basically whinging about how he was told it was an illegal knee and because it's in NY they shouldn't have used replays, wants the result overturned and will appeal, blah blah, wah wah wah.

He was trying to be grounded based on old rules, and was looking for a DQ. Real **** move and i'm glad it bit him in the rear. Yes it was a bad move by the ref, but Weidman was trying to play the game.

Associate
Watching the post fight press conference Weidman has really gone down in my estimations.

He is basically whinging about how he was told it was an illegal knee and because it's in NY they shouldn't have used replays, wants the result overturned and will appeal, blah blah, wah wah wah.

He was trying to be grounded based on old rules, and was looking for a DQ. Real **** move and i'm glad it bit him in the rear. Yes it was a bad move by the ref, but Weidman was trying to play the game.

Wheinman is basically another Rousey. Got lucky with Anderson leg etc been downhill since.

Soldato
Lol - nice one

20170414_100250.png

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I seriously hope someone knocks DC's head off his shoulders. His huggy bear style is boring and these wins flatter him immensely :(

Caporegime
I think you'll be waiting a long time for that, DC seems to have a head like a breeze block and has taken some solid shots over the years from genuine KO artists, AJ being one of them.

Jones will probably beat him in a rematch but he's not really got KO power, it'll likely be another decision.

Associate
DJ is easily the pound for pound king. He made Reis look like an amateur .

I want to see DJ vs Cruz sooo bad :D

A good win for Rose too, that head kick reminded me of Holly vs Ronda.

Caporegime
I get the hype around MM, he’s obviously head and shoulders above anyone in his division (albeit probably the thinnest in the UFC) but the whole P4P best is starting to grate on me.

It’s supposed to be hypothetical based on a fighters skill set and how they would do at a higher weight, except there are guys in the UFC who have fought at higher weight classes and done better than MM. IMO he should never be considered above guys like DC or Conor until he can prove what they can do at a higher weight. MM has fought at a higher weight class before, and ended up dropping because Cruz demolished him. He also lost to Pickett…..Could he beat Garbrandt, or Cruz? I’d say no, probably why he hasn’t moved back up.

DC on the other hand was Strikeforce HW GP champion, unbeaten at HW, beat some top guys and current 205 champ. I think he beats Miocic as well.

Conor beat everyone worth beating at 145, then took out the 155 champion whilst also fighting at 170. DC and Conor > MM in the P4P stakes.

Apart from that….Stephens fight was gash, huge win for Whittaker!

Soldato
Don't know if it's just me or the way MMA is going but I'm not as excited by the fights any more. In any event there is usually only 1 or 2 fights I really enjoy, it's rare to get people really going for it as if not losing is the primary concern with the fighters. It's even worse in the women's fights although that may just be due to a lack of knockout power. So many fights going the distance these days (seems like more than used to).

Back
Top Bottom