**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Jones effectively getting off scott free, house arrest during a period when everyone should be staying at home anyway.

Until the next time.....

He won't learn because there's no deterrent, this guy can do whatever he wants.

Ree

Ree

Associate
the guy is a complete idiot he should've been in prison for the hit and run. if any other normal person did that they would've got the book flung at them. the joys of having money eh.

Associate
Gutted we don't get Khabib v Tony, that fight is pure cursed :(

Gaethje I think is a tougher fight for Tony - he would have been going crazy on ground work prep for Khabib, now he gets Gaethje who is going to want to trade and is vicious on the feet.

Soldato
Gutted we don't get Khabib v Tony, that fight is pure cursed :(

Gaethje I think is a tougher fight for Tony - he would have been going crazy on ground work prep for Khabib, now he gets Gaethje who is going to want to trade and is vicious on the feet.
Never mind UFC 249 is now cancelled. Such a shame,though was surprised it was going to go ahead in the first instance.

Associate
Never mind UFC 249 is now cancelled. Such a shame,though was surprised it was going to go ahead in the first instance.

Yeah I came here to post that too.

Probably for the best to be honest, I never thought it was a good idea for fighters to cut weight, draining their immune system with this virus about.

Caporegime
249 this weekend which feels pretty bizarre to say given the current pandemic. Card looks good as well, TFerg Vs Gaethje should be a crazy fight.

Ferguson Vs Gaethje
Cejudo Vs Cruz
Ngannou Vs Rozenstruick
Stephens Vs Kattar
Hardy Vs De Castro

Not sure how Hardy Vs De Castro is on the main card, there are much more interesting fights on the prelims imo. Cerrone Vs Pettis and Hall vs Jacare for example.

Ree

Ree

Associate
yeah very decent card and potential for some nasty ko's with some of them fights.

hope none of them need to go to the hospital after though.

gotta agree about hardy he's looked a mediocre fighter at best so far no idea why the ufc is on the bandwagon if am honest.

Associate
So Jacare is out with the 'rona.

Let's see if all safety measures the UFC have put in place work by stopping anyone else getting it.

I don't buy Stephens intentionally missing weight, he doesn't seem like that kind of guy at all.

Caporegime
Wonder if that means they are going to have to retest everyone? Everyone in his entourage will have been subject to it, this could massively backfire if it ends up spreading through everyone who is there.

Jacare said someone in his family had tested positive, why would he travel knowing that he's been in contact with someone who has it. Beggars belief.

Edit: Looks like a couple of his cornermen have tested positive as well. I'd be surprised if there aren't more people coming down with it outside of his team.

Side note CCC vs Cruz is a 50/50 pick em fight for me, but after seeing the weigh in and seeing the size difference im starting to think Cruz may well pick him apart. Cruz is almost 2/1, that's a crazy price. Yes long lay off but it's not as though he hasn't had long lay offs before. I'm having some money on Cruz.

Last edited:
Associate
Gutted Jacare isn't fighting. Hopefully no one else gets it.

Is it me or is this the best card UFC have ever put on? Better than UFC 100 and 202 I think.

Soldato
Looking forward to watching this in the morning, Ferguson Gaethje in particular. Watching reruns that I missed on BT has been keeping me sane!

Back
Top Bottom