**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Close. Colby did better than expected but like the other title fight if you don't finish or dominate you won't get any favours from the judges and he's just too pillow-fisted.

Khamzat plz, smesh Usman.

I don't know if I'd label him pillow fisted, rather Usman has a rock for a neck.

Khamzat would be a great match up. Looking forward to his next fight.

Soldato
it was certain NEVER a 49-46 in the Rose fight.... I think you could seriously argue 48-47 either way for me....Usual situation - to be the champ, you need to beat the champ....

Gaethje vs Chandler - seriously good scrap - both swinging for the fences...Great fight.

Usman - looked solid and never really in trouble, pretty solid win without being spectacular....

Rose - similar - could argue either way I think - Zhang didn't look like she was annoyed a the result in the end so I always think that's a good guide to the fighters thoughts.

Chris Barnett with a highlight KO on the early card....Big dude to connect with that kick!! and the front flip celebration after was funny.

Caporegime
it was certain NEVER a 49-46 in the Rose fight.... I think you could seriously argue 48-47 either way for me....Usual situation - to be the champ, you need to beat the champ....

Gaethje vs Chandler - seriously good scrap - both swinging for the fences...Great fight.

Usman - looked solid and never really in trouble, pretty solid win without being spectacular....

Rose - similar - could argue either way I think - Zhang didn't look like she was annoyed a the result in the end so I always think that's a good guide to the fighters thoughts.

Chris Barnett with a highlight KO on the early card....Big dude to connect with that kick!! and the front flip celebration after was funny.

Zhang specifically said in the pre-fight cinematics that she would only accept that Rose was a better fighter if it went 5 rounds. As that is now exactly what happened, I guess Zhang thinks "fair play, Rose is better". There is on doubting Rose is a savage with such a big heart, I really like watching her.

Regarding Usman, I really think he is the de facto best striker in the division and no-one is going to beat him in stand-up in the current roster. His true test will come when Khamzat gets a turn in a year or two and then his 100% takedown defence will get a true test against the scariest grappler I have ever seen. Khabib was strong, but this guy is stronger and a psychopath.

I think Dustin Poirier will also step up to Welterweight and then start making waves in that division, and he probably has what it takes to give Usman a run for his money; I don't think that he quite as technical, but he is a true warrior that does not quit and is hard to put down.

But yeah, I think fighters with a stand-up focus need to start finding answers for grapplers like Chimaev, or its going to be game over for that division and others both now and in the future. Khabib is no longer unique and his gym are pumping out scary grapplers.

That Gaethje Vs Chandler fight was an all time classic, great fight!

It was a fun fight but god damn Gaethje needs to stop standing there with his feet glued to the floor taking punches, otherwise his career is going to be at a premature end and he will end up with serious brain damage. Sometimes, often even, he does not even try to move out of the way or be light on his feet and I have no idea why he soaks up so much unnecessary damage.

Soldato
It was certainly exciting that Gaethje Chandler fight....but I don't like seeing fighters standing there asking to be smashed in the face and just taking an absolute pasting like they're trying to prove something by giving themselves brain damage while losing.

I prefer watching these Russian guys showing off their skills, their grappling, pressure and all-round strength. It's much more impressive that just taking punches to the face and hoping you can stay standing longer than your opponent.

Soldato
Whats-App-Image-2021-11-08-at-15-52-23.jpg

Associate
Not sure what he was complaining about, ref saved him from unneeded damage 100%. Good stoppage, can only assume he was still buzzed.

It's a wierd one tbh, in his earlier career Frankie was known as a survivor, in some of his biggest fights he got seriously rocked, fought through it and then came back to win. He was never finished in a fight until a few years ago. After the recent KO's he's suffered he doesn't get the same grace as he used to.

Soldato
I think Edgar needs to consider hanging up his MMA boots.

I feel like he's a guy who will keep going on forever until someone he trusts talks to him.

UFC 268 was a great card.

The Gaethje vs Chandler fight was like a throwback to the early days of UFC, two guys slugging it out.

Caporegime
Damn shame Masvidal Vs Edwards is off due to Masvidal getting injured, I was looking forward to seeing Leon smash him and we could stop hearing the stupid story about a 3 piece and soda.

Masvidal is one of the most overrated guys we've seen in recent years, flashy KOs over Till and Askren aside he's a journeyman who ridiculously fought for the title twice.

Associate
Damn shame Masvidal Vs Edwards is off due to Masvidal getting injured, I was looking forward to seeing Leon smash him and we could stop hearing the stupid story about a 3 piece and soda.

Masvidal is one of the most overrated guys we've seen in recent years, flashy KOs over Till and Askren aside he's a journeyman who ridiculously fought for the title twice.

Missed this news, gutting.. you realise this lines up Edwards and Chimaev again !

Unless Rocky can go without a fight for another 4 months and hopefully get the title shot..

I'd be ducking Chimaev if I was on a 9 fight win streak and so close to a shot :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think Edwards could beat him, but why should he have to put himself in that position right now ? If I was his manager I'd be advising him to fight Chimaev when he has the title.
I think there is a low chance that Edwards would beat Chimaev, he struggled to put Nate Diaz down and that guy is a washed up has-been. Chimaev would have him down on the canvas early in the round, every round, and from there it's just a matter of time as Leon is nowhere near as a good a grappler as Chimaev. If I was Edwards there is no way in hell I would be fighting Chimaev and putting myself back from a loss like that.

Associate
I think there is a low chance that Edwards would beat Chimaev, he struggled to put Nate Diaz down and that guy is a washed up has-been. Chimaev would have him down on the canvas early in the round, every round, and from there it's just a matter of time as Leon is nowhere near as a good a grappler as Chimaev. If I was Edwards there is no way in hell I would be fighting Chimaev and putting myself back from a loss like that.

Nate Diaz is one of the toughest SOB's in the game and Edwards won every round.. comfortably beat him everywhere , made him look like a novice on the feet and totally controlled clinches and the ground game.. one punch changed the narrative in the last minute.. if not for that it would have been a flawless performance imo. Re-watch the fight !

Back
Top Bottom