**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Really looking forward to Charles and Dustins fight (I am rooting for Dustin) but sadly I won't get to watch it until Sunday late morning, so I have to avoid Youtube/forums until then so I don't get any spoilers!

Interesting how Dana manages and almost pilots some of these fighters.
He takes a special interest in whoever makes him the most money by being especially good/interesting/controversial and selling the most PPV's.

Associate
I feel like people are overlooking Oliveira a little. I agree that the longer the fight goes, the more it favours Poirier but he's going to try and keep this standing up and Charles is no joke on the feet. I've chucked a few quid on Oliveira just because the odds were so much better but I'd be happy if Poirier won. Shame one of them has to lose really.

Cruz annoys the hell out of me so I'm hoping Munhoz does a number on him although I'm sure he'll find something or someone else to blame if he loses.

Caporegime
I feel like people are overlooking Oliveira a little. I agree that the longer the fight goes, the more it favours Poirier but he's going to try and keep this standing up and Charles is no joke on the feet. I've chucked a few quid on Oliveira just because the odds were so much better but I'd be happy if Poirier won. Shame one of them has to lose really.

Cruz annoys the hell out of me so I'm hoping Munhoz does a number on him although I'm sure he'll find something or someone else to blame if he loses.
I don't think people are overlooking Oliviera, it's just that Dustin is 1000 more relatable and likeable and the people's favourite overall.

I also hope Cruz gets destroyed, dissing my DC like that. :D

Caporegime
Dom was right, DC is the absolute worst commentator in the UFC, not sure he should be outing his colleague like that though :p
DC the absolute worst? They all take a load of crap on occasion and at least DC has the fighting and championship experience to know what he is talking about much of the time.

Caporegime
DC the absolute worst? They all take a load of crap on occasion and at least DC has the fighting and championship experience to know what he is talking about much of the time.

Yep the absolute worst. He’s all “eerrrr my gawwdd” every 30 seconds. He’s dreadful, he’s as bad as Snoop Dogg and a coked up De La Hoya.

Cruz and Bisping are easily the best combo imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone but Rogan for me. DC I rate, knows what he's talking about, particularly in the wrestling, explains what's going on and what the fighters are trying to do.

Associate
It's weird how some people can't stand certain commentators. Honestly I don't mind any of them, even Cruz I can appreciate what he brings to the table when he commentating, it's just the rest of his personality which I can't stand. It's a shame they got rid of Dan Hardy as I always quite enjoyed his commentary.

Soldato
I don't hate any commentators. I think certain combinations work better than others though.

Dan Hardy's YouTube channel is mandatory for fight prep btw, love his breakdowns as well as the ones he does for BTSport.

Caporegime
Oh man I am so sad Dustin didn't win, I was really rooting for the guy. Lots of controversy about to be unleashed over Charles Oliviera doing an illegal under-glove hold that led to all that damage. Herb Deans reputation for overseeing disasters is about to be cemented.

Soldato
*insert OMG gif*

Nunes looked terrible, was pretty crazy to see her gassed so quickly and her striking not looking devastating (esp. given how Valentina coped with Pena's grappling and subbed her - MMA math ftw).

Gutted for Dustin, twice he's given his neck up. I don't think Olivera will have a long reign and if/when Dustin ever gets another crack he'll probably get choked out by Islam or something to complete the trilogy.

Caporegime
*insert OMG gif*

Nunes looked terrible, was pretty crazy to see her gassed so quickly and her striking not looking devastating (esp. given how Valentina coped with Pena's grappling and subbed her - MMA math ftw).

Gutted for Dustin, twice he's given his neck up. I don't think Olivera will have a long reign and if/when Dustin ever gets another crack he'll probably get choked out by Islam or something to complete the trilogy.
I think Oliveras true test will be Islam, and vice versa due to how good Oliveras grappling is. I think it would be an epic matchup and I that it should be the next fight Olivera has as he has beaten the rest of the Top 5.

Soldato
I was shocked by the Nunes loss.

I wonder if Pena had longer arms than her? Because when they both went to punch Pena seemed to always hit first.

I was gutted for Dustin, especially when he was dominating the first in the early rounds. Though I noticed he started throwing haymakers a lot. I suspect that was gassing him, and he left himself open to the knees to the body.

It was sad to see Cody Garbrandt lose again. I wonder if its time for him to think about retiring.

Associate
Can’t believe Nunes gassed that badly, she looked a different animal to the one that demolished Rousey and Cyborg.

Totally agree, never seen her look so bad. Every one of her fights I've ever watched has been so one sided it almost seemed unfair. I guess it's nice to see a bit of competition for once.

Good night of fights otherwise, not sure what Cody does now, what a fall from grace. O'Malley needs a recognisable name now I think so maybe throw him in there with him?

I think Oliveras true test will be Islam, and vice versa due to how good Oliveras grappling is. I think it would be an epic matchup and I that it should be the next fight Olivera has as he has beaten the rest of the Top 5.

100%, although Gaethje is next in line is he not and Islam is facing Dariush if I'm not mistaken. Could almost do with skipping those fights and getting straight to Oliveira Vs Islam as that's definitely the most interesting match up.

Back
Top Bottom