**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
What do you expect people to shout at an MMA bout? :confused: "Punch him" is the equivalent of shouting "shoot" at a football match.

More like "score a goal", when have you ever head someone shout "score a goal" at a football match?

"Kick him in the face, punch him in the face". It's tedious.

I think I've found someone who shouts "punch him" at an MMA event.

Caporegime
More like "score a goal", when have you ever head someone shout "score a goal" at a football match?

"Kick him in the face, punch him in the face". It's tedious.

I think I've found someone who shouts "punch him" at an MMA event.
It is just an odd and very anal complaint to make for people at an MMA event.

Caporegime
It is just an odd and very anal complaint to make for people at an MMA event.

Not when the sort of person shouting that sort of stuff is also the sort of person that is getting into a ruck because they're a pseudo, wannabe hard man.

Most people don't shout stuff like that because they know it's a silly thing to shout.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, it's not a big deal I'm just saying it's something I like to ignore to get a better experience. I'll be trying to get tickets, meatheads or no meatheads :p

Last edited:
Associate
Not when the sort of person shouting that sort of stuff is also the sort of person that is getting into a ruck because they're a pseudo, wannabe hard man.

Most people don't shout stuff like that because they know it's a silly thing to shout.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, it's not a big deal I'm just saying it's something I like to ignore to get a better experience. I'll be trying to get tickets, meatheads or no meatheads :p

Imagine that's the person you're with, who's son is in the cage.. embarrasment doesn't decribe the feeling :cry:

Caporegime
Caporegime
Aspinall Vs Volkov headliner :/

Good fight, but not sure it's headline material. Wonder if that means no Till Vs Hall.....

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...all-march-19-mma-matchup-booking-announcement
Volkov is a respected veteran and No. 5 ranked and Tom is an up and coming superstar at N. 10 rank and hugely popular in the UK. It's certainly not a bad fight and will be a good proving ground for Tom on his way up the food chain. It's a fight night, not a main event.

Caporegime
Yeah it's a good fight but the card needs more pulling power to get me down there.

As I say stick Till as co-main and Pimblett 3rd fight and that's a real solid card.

Shore is on there as well at least.

Associate
Watched a bit of the pre fight stuff.. man, Gane and Ngannou both seem like proper decent blokes.

Totally agree. Francis has the most amazing life story, and Gane seems like the most chill dude on the planet. Don't want to see either lose. Someone is going to get hurt though.

Soldato
Pretty much only the main and co-main are worth watching for me tomorrow when I catch up, so many last-minute dropouts. Was excited to see Evloev vs Topuria as they’re both unbeaten hot prospects but the former got the rona and the latter got a new opponent but just pulled out on the eve of the fight because he messed his weight cut up and either put himself in hospital or got his team to say that as they know he’ll get embarrassed by the scales.

Hope Gane wins, I don’t like how Francis gets a KO then seeing his clearly unconscious opponent always tries to drop bombs for max brain damage before the ref can get in the way.

Caporegime
Lets goooooooooooooo! Up after a miserable 5 hour sleep so I hope it's a couple of fights to remember. I do actually hope Gane wins, as though the coach was acting like a douchebag I do think Gane is just a lovely guy and I love watching him fight a little more than Francis.

I love how for 25.99 EUR or 199 EUR for the year I can get the "Ultimate" fight pass subscriptions with access to all USC content and all PPV's and if I had realized that I would have got the annual pass months ago. 16.99 EUR per month for the annual pass is a steal for all that! Still, Kijk.nl put in good service until it was taken away this year.

Hope Gane wins, I don’t like how Francis gets a KO then seeing his clearly unconscious opponent always tries to drop bombs for max brain damage before the ref can get in the way.
Does he really always do that? How many times out of all of his fights has he done that?

Caporegime
Excellent win by Francis and he played an excellent ground game and deserves credit for that. I am admittedly a little disappointed in some of the decisions Gane made, especially in the last two rounds. Instead of staying at a distance and picking Francis apart he went in close where Francis could use his superior strength. Also Ganes leg kicks, other than those little slaps where were they?

I don't like Ganes coach at all, he seems like a bit of a douche who lets personal feelings get in the way of his job, and his only advice was "it's impossible to lose"? no it's not impossible so use the time to tell him what to do to win.

I really hope there is another rematch later this year, I had goosebumps all the way through that fight and couldn't sit still as I was really hoping Gane wouldn't get smashed out cold, which thankfully he didn't. Electric.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gane beat himself there, not great tactically or as far as taking the initiative.

Thought the other title fight could have gone either way but the judges went with ‘big moments’ vs activity/output.

Back
Top Bottom