**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
I feel bisping, machida, spider are all up there for now. Id like to see shogun drop and try his luck at 185 also...

Not sure how Bisping get's in the mix having lost 2 of his last 4 fights! He seems to choke just when he get's to an eliminator!

Shogun @ 185 would be interesting but it would be a big drop imo given the stomach we've seen on him in the past - plus didn't he once fight at heavyweight!?!?

Soldato
I thought Bisping should have got the W against Sonnen. He was unlucky against Evans too. Being unable to knock anyone out is his problem but he's certainly one of the better fighters in the weight group.

Caporegime
untill dc drops to 205 we will not see much of a threat to bones, but that is if he can win during gus rematch....

DC has confirmed he is moving down, first fight up could be Gus.

Would love to see Cormier match up with Jones, let's be honest Texeira is offering nothing bar a freak flash KO.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah lol no idea why I said bisping, anyhow mousasis vs machida for feb 2014 confirmed.

Little nog has been injured so dc may get the call to face Gus... which is what it should have been anyhow.

Vitor/machida/mousasi all gotta be in the mix surely ? Chael vs Evans will be sick also.

Soldato
I don't think they'd do Gus vs DC in London though. So hopefully they can get a replacement with the same skill level as Little Nog otherwise we'll lose our main event.

Soldato
Jimmi manuwa is rumoured to face gus instead...

Glover teixiera is up next for bones in early 2014

I think its good and healthy for the sport, you need 2 titans that have not crumbled or been undefeated for so long, they earned the shot and perhaps they should fight someone top 5 but you gotta perhaps one day face the best of the best :)

R3X

R3X

Soldato
yeah that special glad they got it out the way with cos Dana goes nutz on a member of tuf afterwards I hear... and this must be the explanation of why they needed a gap filler episode !

Heard Dana White goes nutz literally in front of everyone.

Otherwise show is so so, rather be watching Chael and Wandy.... they should just scrap bjepnn/frankie show or any season now Dana will have to force his hand. Worlds first male vs female mma fight just to get more viewers.

Soldato
Not sure if the Hendo fight was an early stoppage.

He got absolutely tagged twice, but its Hendo, the best chin at LHW... Much like I think Fedor deserved a chance to recover when he was stopped against Henderson, I think Hendo deserved a chance to recover also.

Associate
I originally thought it was an early stoppage too but after watching the replay he looked out as soon as the kick hit him - falling down with his arms by his side.

Belfort is a TRT beast!!

Soldato
Am sure Hendo would have got up quickly after that kick but he would have took a 3rd serious blow to the head. Good stopage imho.

hendo to hard for his own good

Soldato
hendo.gif

Hendo takes a farewell flight.....

@ 43 I think he is done... I mean machida and Rashad bested him (just) and now no1 contender.... you can't go through 3-4 guys that just beat you to get a title shot again and moving weight class again you would have to proof it again by besting 2-3 again against 3 losses.

I would prefer to see hendo take on special fights like Wandy and Cung lee.... rematch with bisping just so we can see bisping part II. Americans and British would pay top squid for that kinda action.

Soldato
Praying for a "Bigg Rigg" KO this weekend - can't remember the last time I found a GSP fight entertaining - well except for when he systematically dissected Diaz, but that was entertaining for a very different reason! :D

Hope Chael batters Evans too! "Sugar" just looks disinterested these days!!

Caporegime
Hendricks has one chance at winning the fight, if he doesn't land the big left in the first 2 rounds it's all over. GSP on the other hand has multiple ways of winning the fight.

Let's have it right, he only just beat Mike Pierce, was beaten by Rick Story and was fading badly against Condit. Had that been a 5 round affair, he wouldn't have even got the shot.

I believe the odds are something along the lines of 2/9 for GSP. I think that's quite generous personally because bar a flash KO he wins comfortably.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, I'm under no illusions that GSP will probably dictate the action, take Hendrick's down and that will be pretty much that - but it doesn't make for an entertaining fight IMO!

I remember GSP against Hughes, Sherk and Penn before he got KO'd by Serra and he was far more entertaining!

Can't fault him for fighting the smart fight but as a spectator I'd rather see a bit more action! :D

Back
Top Bottom