**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
I don't know how you can say he didn't turn up....what is it based on, facial expressions, what? He appeared the same as he has done in all fights, he's quite calm and relaxed looking.

Jones is a great wrestler, Gane is a weak wrestler, it's just not a good matchup in styles. Gane loses every rematch.

Soldato
Normally taking a kick to the front of a bent knee hurts the thrower more than the receiver, but to completely smash a knee without smashing your shin is ridiculously lucky! Push kicks/stomps to the knee wouldn't hurt the kicker, but to land shin on knee is :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Surprised no one here to tlak about the Davey Grant Assuncao fight....
Turned in to a right banger and although I do completely get how Assuncao's corner may think he's been stitched up hard, they got restarted in a neutral position for both.

New myth: Point deducted Davey Grant

Soldato
Anyone at the O2 this weekend for the fight? Haven't seen the UFC live since UFC 120 in 2010, Bisping vs Akiyama - with current ticket pricing for UK events, I doubt I'll see an event live before 2030 :(

Caporegime
No because tickets were obscenely expensive. Ill pay £20 for the PPV and enjoy it at home.

I was at 120 as well by the way, good show apart from Hardy getting knocked clean out.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not bad considering it's a good 3 hours of an event and the card isn't too bad. £7 a hour of entertainment isn't bad value imo.

Id rather pay that and watch 4/5 good fights than boxing PPV where the card is gash aside from the headliner.

Last edited:
Soldato
20 quid seems fair to me. We pay about 25 here. Way cheaper than a few pints watching it in the pub!
I didn't watch last weekend fights but pleased Davey Grant got a win although I hear a little controversial. Wins a win Davey lad. Shame he wasn't on this weekends card instead. Really looking forward to the main event. Hard to pick for me, Usman has clearly won almost all of the previous rounds they've had, without a doubt but I think Leon will be high on confidence and with the crowd behind him you never know.

Caporegime
Americans getting screwed over even more doesn't change my view that it is a crazy price for a single event.
Yeah, I'm sure you think a fiver would be pushing it.

£20 for a major event is hardly obscene by any reasonable standards. Boxing PPV's also cost £20 and they are usually way less entertaining overall than UFC major events.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I'm sure you think a fiver would be pushing it.

£20 for a major event is hardly obscene by any reasonable standards. Boxing PPV's also cost £20 and they are usually way less entertaining overall than UFC major events.
A fiver would be an okay price to watch a single event at home and there would be a lot less piracy. At £20 I'd imagine it would add up quick and the yearly cost would be enormous. Not that I can't afford it, but the price is what it is because enough people pay it, and I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I complained about the price whilst contributing towards it. Again, boxing being bad value is a poor justification and does not change my view.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Jesus christ, watching the pre-fight press conference showed a bunch of pea-brained Neanderthals representing the MMA fans of Britain. What a foul and obnoxious crowd.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed about the moron crowd but it was pretty funny when Leon was asked about what he thought about Usman asking what he'd shown in 2 fights to prove he can win, and his response was "Put my shin across his face" :p

Marty is going to try and lie on him for 5 rounds.

Last edited:
Associate
Usman is going to turn this into a wrestling match and will probably grind out a win.

The fight I'm looking forward to is the Gaethje Fiziev one, it should be be a banger.

Back
Top Bottom