***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

For some reason my guys dont seem to be able to sprint past other players (Messi for example should be sprinting past a carthorse), but if the ball is over the top, the defender is faster than the attacker all the time?

On the flip side, my defenders never seem to be faster than their attackers!

After playing for a few days.

Offline - Miles miles miles better.

Online - Miles worse. Some of the scores are ridiculous. While the tackling is better playing offline with no lag, even with a wee bit of lag the defending is spoiled online, hopefully when i move next month Ill have a better connection.

Fortunately for me, the offline this year is worth playing (previously it hasnt been). I just had a fantastic game vs Arsenal in an UT match, they were better than my team, I was winning 1-0 with 5 mins to go and they scored, then scored in extra time, it felt like a proper football match though, completely unscripted.

For H2H Seasons, what team do you guys think is the strongest when playing through the middle?

I tend to always go through the middle and transition into more wing play if they're good at defending in the middle.

Also, if I start playing Ultimate Team, if I have a rubbish team I'll be matched against random teams, so will most likely end up getting thumped to start with unless I buy a load of packs?

You can put a decent 4-4.5* team together pretty cheaply, ive done it without buying any packs (other than the 3 that I was given to start by EA for the special edition).

I spent the whole night playing yesterday, I feel ive got defending sorted now, i much prefer it over 11, its a shame they have some problems that they wont fix.

The main problem for me is how bad the goalies are and this needs to be fixed, angled shots and finesse shots are impossible to stop 95% of the time, even with good defending you still get some ridiculous scores, that said, I love the new defending, I feel Im pretty good at it.

I played a guy last night on UT and all his players were average guys, but his team was miles better than me and he beat me 9-1, he wasnt even that good but all his players (guys like Andy Johnson and D.Campbell up front) ran me ragged and his no name defenders were miles faster than my two german international strikers, I dont know what he had done but there was something funny going on.

I agree that it is tempting and addictive buying packs, i spent a fiver last night and got a load of rubbish other than Evra, which i sold for 18k.

Im not gonna get my team any better than 80 odd without buying more packs so im just gonna play games and get money together, I think its more fun that way rather than wasting money on packs, it did frustrate me last night, got to the semi's in a tournament with good play only to come up against a guy who's team was rated about 87, he was rubbish but narrowly managed to beat me.

because he's using the back button and letting the AI defend for him with a superstar team.

Is there a way to tell when someone is doing this? I heard about it and suspected it a few times last night.

Surely EA are going to change this at some point and then these guys chickens will come home to roost, I personally think the defending is the most rewarding part of the game now which you would never ever think would be the case with a football game.

Im just giving up online till they patch it, nearly everyone ive played the last few days is using the exploit, its so frustrating when Ive never did it, I dont know anyone would play it just to sit and watch the computer control it, so dull.

They need to remove the 2nd player close down as well, im pretty close to just giving up with it now and going back to pro evo after 4 years of fifa, a shame as the game in single player is wonderful, by far the best football game ive played.

I'm afraid I disagree with this opinion. Controlling the goalkeeper leaves the entire defence at the control of the CPU, they decide how much pressure to apply, when to go in for tackles, where to position themselves, whether to try and play offside etc. When you call a second defender all he's doing is pressing the ball carrier, you still have to control your man and you still need to decide when to go in for tackles, how much space to give them as well. Plus if they're calling a second defender over then it means they've left a gap elsewhere for you to take advantage of.

People call the second defender to defend the player and fill the hole they would leave with the player they use under their control.

A football game online should never be anything other than you controlling the opponent with the ball.

I have played entire games where there was never a single slide tackle by the other team, thats not right.

Back
Top Bottom