***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

Err you are clueless if you think teammate contain is an exploit. Starting to wonder if when you get owned you assume they are controlling the keeper. I have played a lot of games, and not encountered it. Its not even hard to counter it as it means the keeper is crap.

Good for you son, ive taken your post onboard, digested it and discounted it.

But with a team game like football there's always going to be some element of computer control needed over the other 10 players that are not in your control, otherwise they'd just be standing around static.

I know that, whats wrong with having the other 9 outfield players computer controlled as has always been the case though? Its worked for years, the defending in general on fifa 12 is progress, the team mate press is not, or it needs tweaked so that the person nearest the ball is always human controlled.

Sounds like virtual pro you're after?

Where would you stop though? Would you not allow one two passing as the computer will make a run forward?

That's AI, which is obviously needed in a game. I just think that the pressing cpu defender lets people use that to close down the player as they dont have the skill to do it themselves.

For me, defending is now the most rewarding part of the game, knowing that Ive played something perfectly and stopped a certain goal by my actions is as fulfilling as scoring a goal, dont get me wrong, the defending press is not my main gripe, its the goalkeeping exploit but neither are down to me losing games, if im playing online I want to play a person and not the CPU. I actually love the single player aspect of Fifa this year thanks to the improved AI, its fantastic, without doubt the best single player football game ever made, i can play this quite happily instead of playing online.

I agree 100% but I just don't find h2h fun. I'd rather see a team I've built win cups and progress. Its just more fun. I've spent close to £90 on packs and feel I have the best teams in Spain and Italy minus a few players. I have gone from playing FPS games exclusively to not caring about any other game but Fifa. I'm addicted to this game like no other. :/

I am a **** to EA and they know it.

feelsgoodman.

Love fighting back. Makes you a better player... but whats up with late goals. Does the game favour late goals? I dunno, I seem to score most my critical goals right at the end.

Will you keep spending on packs or is that it for the year?

We all play fifa all year round and get our moneys worth and spending basically an extra couple of games to play for 12 months is still good value...but if you spending that every few weeks then i would worry a bit!

Last edited:
I have no idea why I am so bad at this game - i got promoted when it first came out, twice in a row to division 8, then since then ive been relegated back to division 10 and failed to get out of it.

I have always been great at defending but rubbish at scoring and I think this is my main problem, Im finding it harder to score so when i do win, its now 1-0, or when i lose its usually 0-1 or similar.

Had absolutely shocking luck with any pack ive bought, had 5100 coins so thought Ill give it one last whack, I got Xavi, first player about 84 ive ever got from opening, so quite pleased with that, gonna sell him and buy a new team i reckon.

For all the bragging about past victories and tournament wins etc, Fifa 12 is a bit different to Fifa 11, people will tell you I was very good at 11 but as everyone knows Im rubbish at 12.

Just play the game and get it over with.

Maybe so, but if you're gonna grind a tourniw for cash, that'll be the one for me, stick on, score 3 as quickly as possible then do whatever else you were doing while the match runs out of time.

Ill never make money playing on fifa, ive tried to win the 1900 coins tourney since it started and ive made the final 3 times (twice in the last week) but never won it yet, so frustrating!

Im looking forward to the next league though, i reckon ill do about mid table, ive improved a lot even though my team is average (other than the godly Modric).

I sold my team to gamble on new packs, 150k i got for the whole thing, the best player i got out of about 25 packs was an 82 Cisse.

I have no team anymore, given up on UT as it was a gamble but i aint putting any more money into it.

Back
Top Bottom