***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

Really hope they fix it a lot - actually preferred FIFA 10 over FIFA 11 - was only the silly GKs that were annoying...

Club dressing room needs to go to multiple rooms again - also allowing more than 1 ANY player too. Lag was stupid and pretty much destroyed Club this year...

Really need to fix the passing mechanism where the person who passes the ball doesnt move until the pass is complete - theres so many little niggles that really ruin the flow...

ps3ud0 :cool:

You used to be able to dive in FIFA97 it was quite well worked too, the referess position was taken into account to decide if he'd be tricked or not. You also used to be able to "professional" foul too I'm sure.

Watching that video makes me suspicious that the impact engine is going to be rather annoying online and will either result in a lot of soft penalties/freekicks or will be exploited in easily injuring good players by constantly hacking at certain parts of the player.

I really want to see a massively improved manager mode this year, the last few years have been disappointing. I want them to give us back control again, make the scouting better and sort out the scheduling of the season!

It was pro evo and it was rubbish iirc

Its been in a few pro evo/ISS over the years, it used to be hilarious when it was first introduced, im sure it was on one of the ISS games rather than the pro evo games though, as you say the last time it was on pro evo, it was pretty horrendous.

I think it would be a good addition if used wisely, players get away with it every game now so it really should be in there, as well as incorrect offsides, goals being chopped off when they could be good, general refereeing errors.

Yeah the referees and the decisions they make need to really be overhauled but I don't think we'll see major changes now until the consoles of next gen, the best we can hope for is more polished versions of the current FIFA/PES games.

One thing that really annoys me is passing, if I pass it to a player the receiving player just stands still and waits for it a lot of the time, sometimes he will run toward the pass which shortens the distance of the pass and makes it more difficult for my opponent to intercept but a lot of the time he just stands there and waits for the ball to come to him which is not only unrealistic but down right annoying. That, and I think defending needs to be beefed up, at the moment it's too easy for your defenders to make critical errors, there should be a button for example that simply clears properly. If there's a high ball coming down and my defenders are running away from it to mark an opponent I can either risk pressing A which will usually see him perform a poor attempt to cut the ball out with his foot or a weak header, usually bounces off the attacker and they get a free and cheap one on one attempt. Or I can press B which will try and hoof the ball away, again resulting in pretty much the same scenario unless my defender is perfectly positioned in which case he simply clears the ball.

Also there's another thing that annoys me, say you slip a through ball across the ground and it goes between your opponents CB's, your man starts running after the loose ball but your opponent also has a defender running after it, your man will just sprint full pelt into the back of the defender and refuse to respond to your presses of the controller, he won't go left, won't go right, he'll just keep running into the back of the defender until the defender gets the ball and easily clears it. It's madness.

Ahh the stupid through ball slowdown is annoying too - if you play it over the top of a player even though they arent in contention to control it, they will slowdown as if to match its pace - happens for both ground and air versions of the through ball...

Also the GK and CBs need to be a bit more intelligent against cutback goals which in their nature are fine, but are only overused because they are so easy to score as the defence always over-commits without your input...

The CB's are retarded, it's like every one of them had a brain implant and they somehow managed to clone Ryan Shawcross brains. -_-

Something that happens a lot to me is the goalkeeper will throw the ball out, but it will hit the CB in the back of the head and it'll bounce to an attacker who scores. :mad:

The only other option for me is to risk losing possession by kicking it long.

EA really need to stop the whole mispass that only just goes out by the time your player gets there - its grown old and obvious.

Also those blantant fouls that happen in the box that the CPU ignores which prevents you a really good chance to score, usually zero reason to shield the ball or trick inside the box as its so heavily biased to the defence...

Be great if there was some kind of chip modifier button other than how long you press it to decided the type of chip selected so it could vary with power - perhaps finesse button on top of the normal chip button could achieve that? Id also like a small indicator on dead balls (like the gforce indicator on F1) that just shows exactly where my analogue stick is so its easier to replicate bend - too often I think putting in the same input produces a far different result on a FK...

Last edited:
For what reasoning? You can only enjoy playing the CPU so much and Im sure both have had their servers switched off so no chance of human play. Id recommend getting the latest FIFA (12 now tbh) - the usage of which will mean the cost is tiny...

Ah right

I've not long had the PS3 (6 months) and only have Gran Turismo & Lego Ini for playing with the mrs

I can pick up old Fifa, Grid and Tekken for about £15 ish online -for all 3

Ah right

I've not long had the PS3 (6 months) and only have Gran Turismo & Lego Ini for playing with the mrs

I can pick up old Fifa, Grid and Tekken for about £15 ish online -for all 3
Do you want FIFA 09 off me? Just drop me your address via Trust and Ill post it out. Wont be til after Bank Hol though now...

Just make sure you get FIFA 12 if you like it and be interested in the more-than-likely PS3 Club ;)

Do you want FIFA 09 off me? Just drop me your address via Trust and Ill post it out. Wont be til after Bank Hol though now...

Just make sure you get FIFA 12 if you like it and be interested in the more-than-likely PS3 Club ;)

Do you still play clubs?

Its on hiatus at the moment since Feb - 11 Club hasnt been the best considering all the issues, mostly caused by EA. We are trying to get it back up and running though, probably be after PSN Store comes back up. Theres a boring long thread somewhere...

If you pre-order this on 360 or PS3 you get some UT Gold Packs every month for 6 months as a bonus. Probably going to be a pre-order instead of a midnight trip this year for me then.

Back
Top Bottom