***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

If you pre-order this on 360 or PS3 you get some UT Gold Packs every month for 6 months as a bonus. Probably going to be a pre-order instead of a midnight trip this year for me then.

Is this what the "fifa 12 ultimate edition" gives you? I got an email about it earlier but it wasnt clear what was ultimate about it.

Apparently the games RRP is £54.99

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a323060/fifa-12-price-increases-to-gbp5499.html

I certainly wont be buying it at that price. Im sure the usual outlets wll sell cheaper but I wont be buying it if they try to rinse the consumer. If I can get it for £30 I'll probably bite.

The RRP is £54.99 but its selling for £44.99 and the Ultimate Edition will only be at GAME from what ive read, i have pre-orderd it as i will get plenty of hours out of it so paying that much isnt an issue to me atleast.

Edit: Scrap that as i found another e-tailer that seem to have it too so ive got it wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, most retailers will have the special edition.. and the RRP is ridiculous, though it'll sell for under £40 I reckon.

The standard edition will be around to pre-order next week probably.

I will be pre ordering the exclusive ultimate edition for the extra ultimate team packs. Spent way too much on that mode this year so hopefully 4 free packs a month will keep me from going mental with msp this time.
2 stores will stock it that are owned by the same parent company.

Precision dribbling looks clunky but FIFA always does in slow motion videos like that I guess.

Shopto list it as special edition which comes with packs aswell so ive gone with that :) Want to give UT a proper try this year and glad it seems like it will be there from the get go.

When you trade the last game in I think?
I think Tesco made you buy another chart game while ASDA had a minimum spend on your shopping basket - definitely something down that line...

I cant see supermarkets not doing the same thing this year, considering it will be at least a £10 saving Im finding it hard to be bothered by pre-ordering either edition. The value in the SE version just gets quashed by the monetary saving that could be used in UT anyway...

ps3ud0 :cool:

One thing that worries me about career mode is true injuries. Does this mean more injuries? Will I'll be getting an email saying Rooney has tore is metatarsal every 5th game? Whats the deal with that? Also, any word on the calander in career mode? I spent hours just looking at that thing. It was sooooo slow.

True injuries: The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more challenging Career Mode. Manage new types of injuries and the risk of sending a player onto the pitch who isn't fully healed

I've played just over 150 games on the PC version with about 50/50 win percentage. I've noticed more people on the pc version rage quit if they're losing badly. I've been down 5-0 in the first half to Barca and stuck it out.. and thats playing with a team like New York Red Bulls (Henry is a beast). There should be a greater punishment for idiots that leave games. Maybe some sort of time out? Quit 3 games in a day and you get a 1 hour time out or something? I dunno.

Last edited:
FIFA12 @ Gamescom

Apologies if there's already a thread for it, couldn't find one!

FIFA12 online mode improvements have been revealed at Gamescom:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa-12-online-2

The Head to Head seasons looks good, I thought it was a good feature in WC2010 but didn't play enough of the game to get the most out of it :D

Unfortunately nothing new for clubs, apart from fixing the bugs that should have been fixed in FIFA11 anyway! Another year of putting up with midget goalkeepers and stupidly slow AI players, clubs just ends up as a sprint fest with little skill unless you're playing games with lots of players on each team :/

Looking at some of the ratings (I've seen a Barca screenshot floating around somewhere) - it looks like 90 is no longer the "ceiling" for the top players, in general most players have been pumped up!

05-FIFA12-online-blog-IT.JPG

messi_95_.jpg

Last edited:
Bump - demo only a few weeks away - cant wait. Any details what teams will feature in it? Barca, Chelsea, Dortmund, Lyon and Juve (I think) again?

ps3ud0 :cool:

25qvjuh.png

arsenal.jpg

barcelona_stats.jpg

milan-ac.jpg

borussia.jpg

Those are the ratings of teams on Fifa 12 DEMO so far.

What has annoyed me most is that Song is rated higher than De Jong. All the other ratings i agree with.

Back
Top Bottom