***** The Official Fifa 12 Thread *****

How do you change your commentary team? Is that somewhere in the main menu? I'm not sure I like Alan Smith's face-eating and I'd like to try the other guys. I heard them in a cup game and they were great.

The only thing missing from FIFA is the Champions League and the atmosphere in cup games that's there in real life.

My 360 copy was dispatched today from that hut place think i'll just sell it though tbh and swap to pc this year.
Anyone considering swapping to pc version this year ? seems identical this year think I actually might will avoid all the laggy games on live for a start which i think is caused by too many kids on console or folk on shared family connections safe to say pc gamers know not to be using a shared connection for multiplayer ?

Last edited:
After playing the early release of this on the 360 I discovered that it was very awkward, physically using the controller, to call for assistance while defending. Right bumber, x or something and if you want to run right trigger. Maybe you can alter this... on the PS3 it is a helluva lot easier to play.

Don't want flamed for this, or cause another console ****ing contest, just saying.

My 360 copy was dispatched today from that hut place think i'll just sell it though tbh and swap to pc this year.
Anyone considering swapping to pc version this year ? seems identical this year think I actually might will avoid all the laggy games on live for a start which i think is caused by too many kids on console or folk on shared family connections safe to say pc gamers know not to be using a shared connection for multiplayer ?

I would try the PC Demo first...

After playing the early release of this on the 360 I discovered that it was very awkward, physically using the controller, to call for assistance while defending. Right bumber, x or something and if you want to run right trigger. Maybe you can alter this... on the PS3 it is a helluva lot easier to play.

Don't want flamed for this, or cause another console ****ing contest, just saying.

That's why you reassign your buttons. :3 I have B as my "call player" button, A as the standing tackle and RB as your contain which you only need to use when you're on the back foot.

I like it how keepers get red cards now :D

I've found that red cards in general are a bit less common now. It's also harder to take people down from behind with slide tackles now too, which can make it awkward if you want to stop a counter attack for example.

...which i think is caused by too many kids on console or folk on shared family connections safe to say pc gamers know not to be using a shared connection for multiplayer ?
Interesting assumption, wouldnt think it would hold though. Is the PC version getting dedicated servers or is it via Origin and I presume a peer-to-peer service? If thats the case I cant see much difference to the MP service you get on console - all the matching is done by EA servers still...

Edit your button setup - might find it easier. Still unsure how mine will be as it looks like contain was useless, but for most people its a great crutch just to get a vaguely ok at defending...

ps3ud0 :cool:

I've found that red cards in general are a bit less common now. It's also harder to take people down from behind with slide tackles now too, which can make it awkward if you want to stop a counter attack for example.

Psh I got Terry sent off with the most retarded impact engine fail ever. He sticks out a decent leg, and some player goes flying. Barely touched them. .-.

Edit your button setup - might find it easier. Still unsure how mine will be as it looks like contain was useless, but for most people its a great crutch just to get a vaguely ok at defending...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Had a quick look and there didn't seem to be a decent alternative, because of the size of the pad.

I think contain will become *very* handy :)

EDIT: Pre-ordered this for PS3 in anyway now, as I prefer the small pad. Wasted £17 on that pass lark *slaps his brow*

Contain is extremely useful, you have to use it. It seems to be the core of the new defending system. You've got to stand off the attacking players because they can round you far too easily with the new precision dribbling.

Contain is extremely useful, you have to use it. It seems to be the core of the new defending system. You've got to stand off the attacking players because they can round you far too easily with the new precision dribbling.

Very much so. I've also found you're more likely block shots if you're containing on them. (If that's even a sentence)

It's certainly more realistic, you rarely see players just diving into challenges every few minutes/every attack in games, they usually try and force the player into an alley they can just pinch the ball from.

I've also found that making mistakes/sudden direction changes/tackles provides a bigger problem. Instead of running Ashley Cole into the box and then suddenly being back to defend the counter, or making a mistake and be able to recover instantly, you get punished. He'll stop/be left behind, and you have to focus on the rest of your defenders, he's gone.

Yes, but I like to use right trigger for sprint, and this makes things dodgy... however, like I've mentioned, I've went for the PS3 version.

I found that sprinting while containing doesn't really work very well. So I avoid it where possible, using sprint just to close them down rather than part of containing.

But fair enough, if you find the PS3 version much more satisfying/better. :)

I only use contain in and near the pen box. Otherwise I just jock/sprint jockey or manually position my player and time the tackle correctly.

Interesting assumption, wouldnt think it would hold though. Is the PC version getting dedicated servers or is it via Origin and I presume a peer-to-peer service? If thats the case I cant see much difference to the MP service you get on console - all the matching is done by EA servers still..ps3ud0 :cool:

well when you think about it there's more kids playing on console right ? and that means it's mum and dads connection being used by 4 or 5 people = laggy games

The best thing i think is to select a player and run back and use the secondary player press so you cover passing option with selected player whilst holding down secondary press

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom