***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Soldato
I dont know why people are slagging off the camera. Its a phone for gods sake!
Just because it is 5MP does not equal poor picture quality.

My 4S is 8MP. I have a dedicated camera which is 12MP. Guess which one takes better pictures.......?

Like many have said, the selling point is the screen and the extra real estate.

ICS and the pure android experience will appeal to people aswell. The UI is a lot better and looks modern. Google have come along way making the user experience easier (which is what iOS is good at!). They are not fully there yet but they are making big strides.

Associate
I can't wait to get one of these to replace my Nexus One. The concerning thing with the evolution of these smart phones is the amount of Data they'll consume. I just tried to re-negotiate my T-Mobile deal as I'm out of contract and the Data allowance offered was just 500Mb. I'd get through that very, very quickly with a better phone.

Man of Honour
A better example would be to use digital compact cameras, the best of which is the Canon G12 atm and it only has 10 megapixels. I actually ended up using this camera more than my dSLR on my recent travels, it's a very good camera.

Canon also sell more entry level digital compact cameras for example the Powershot S100, this has a 12.1 megapixel camera and yet produces pictures of much lower image quality.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I can't wait to get one of these to replace my Nexus One. The concerning thing with the evolution of these smart phones is the amount of Data they'll consume. I just tried to re-negotiate my T-Mobile deal as I'm out of contract and the Data allowance offered was just 500Mb. I'd get through that very, very quickly with a better phone.

Don't you connect to wifi when at work/home/friend's etc? The only time I consume data is when I'm on the road and decide that browsing websites is good to pass some time. Almost everywhere else there's WiFi access, free or leached doesn't matter :p

Soldato
A little disappointed to be honest, I was hoping it would be a clear step up over the GS2 in all areas, instead it's take some and give some. Either will be a great upgrade from my SGS, but which!?

If only it had a memory card slot, newer GPU and 8MP camera, then we'd all be sold!

Soldato
I made no mention of quality :D, just that I'd prefer an 8MP camera over an equivalent quality 5MP one, especially as I'm judging it against the camera on the GS2.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I dont know why people are slagging off the camera. Its a phone for gods sake!
Just because it is 5MP does not equal poor picture quality.

My 4S is 8MP. I have a dedicated camera which is 12MP. Guess which one takes better pictures.......?

Im not massively bothered about the camera on a phone. If i want to take a picture where quality matters that much then i wont be using a mobile phone to take it anyway!

My phone is with me at all times - my proper camera isn't.

Soldato
The more i think about it, the more i'm thinking i should just upgrade today to the SGSII and root it to an ICS rom when possible. I've held one and the screens are big enough really!

Caporegime
no sd card slot,
poor battery [especially for screen size!]
camera - not worried about MP but quality is a worry.

think i may hold onto my desire for a little while longer, im not going to lie i am disappointed. think camera quality and battery life will be the make and break for me.

definitely not ion the 'sign me up now' camp

Caporegime
I don't know why on earth people are considering, even contemplating upgrading from a GS 2 to this (unless they really want a pure stock google mobile and the much better screen and won't be at a loss too much in terms of money then I can understand).

Also we don't know what the battery life is like yet as ice cream sandwich could be far better optimized and it is a clean stock android mobile so no sense or anything in the background constantly running taking resources up.

And another thing, remember the atrix, how big is the battery again? and what is the battery life like? Iirc it is pretty poor and no where near the likes of the iphone 4 or GS 2 battery life.

And now take a look at the iphone 4 and 4s even, again what size of battery and it also has a higher res than most mobiles? Yet it is probably the best smartphone(s) for battery life with the GS 2 just behind it iirc.

Everyone just needs to stop making assumptions and assuming the worst and wait for expert and user reviews :p

Back
Top Bottom