***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Permabanned
I've been thinking I'll get the Galaxy Nexus, but now I'm thinking I'll be getting the Galaxy note instead. Outside of ICS, it seems to take all the good points from the S2 and Nexus with the high res screen, large battery and Micro SD slot.

It was just the ICS thing that had me thinking about it, but since it's been confirmed I think I might have made my mind up. It'll be my first android phone after using an iPhone for 3 years, so I know next to nothing with regards to the equivalent of jailbreaking (rooting?), would that mean ICS would be available (unofficially obviously) for the Note relatively soon?

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Last i heard officially middle of 2012 so no.

But for a rom i have no idea, perhaps cm7 could knock one out early next year perhaps?

Soldato
I've been thinking I'll get the Galaxy Nexus, but now I'm thinking I'll be getting the Galaxy note instead. Outside of ICS, it seems to take all the good points from the S2 and Nexus with the high res screen, large battery and Micro SD slot.

It was just the ICS thing that had me thinking about it, but since it's been confirmed I think I might have made my mind up. It'll be my first android phone after using an iPhone for 3 years, so I know next to nothing with regards to the equivalent of jailbreaking (rooting?), would that mean ICS would be available (unofficially obviously) for the Note relatively soon?

Samsung have a habit of 'leaking' new firmwares months before they are officially released so that should knock a decent amount off the wait time. The SGS1 and 2 are very easy too root like all of 5 minutes and since the note is essentially a blown up GS2 i imagine it will be the same.

Soldato
What's the official word about real world GPU performance on this phone? I know it's not the most powerful GPU that's on the market currently but wil it cope fine with games at its higher resolution?

Reason I ask is it would be a shame to get this phone and end up with a worse gaming experience than the GSII that I have. I've been playing Shadowgun with PS3 controller and it's just been fantastic fun.

Man of Honour
no more than you ever are ...

what I was getting at was that the storage on the 4S is a "fixed" option and is not expandable by the end user :)

Hopefully he knows that, you would assume so. If he's bought a 16GB 4S he's going to be rather disappointed :p

Soldato
I saw someone on the tube with one this week, assuming a reviewer i guess. It didn't look as big as i thought it might, and the screen looked beautiful to me from glancing at it, the curved shape also looked very nice in the hand as well. I'm looking forward to having a play with one when it arrives.

Soldato
What's the official word about real world GPU performance on this phone? I know it's not the most powerful GPU that's on the market currently but wil it cope fine with games at its higher resolution?

Reason I ask is it would be a shame to get this phone and end up with a worse gaming experience than the GSII that I have. I've been playing Shadowgun with PS3 controller and it's just been fantastic fun.

Not sure if Ive missed something but im sure the nexus uses the same GPU as the SGS so it will be weaker than the S2.

Back
Top Bottom