**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
Ha.. Looking back on the orders that I had at Google. Remember the cheaper Nexus days?

Aye... sort of...

Forgot to add: got rammed for customs charges and some extra DHL magic charges at the time. Amusingly though, as I had it delivered to work, the DHL/customs invoice ended up getting hoovered up by our finance team! Took about 10 weeks after delivery to sort it and pay it myself, as the damn thing had been coded, scanned, authorised and everything.

"Google Phone Webstore
3 Feb 2010 10:55
Online purchase
$629.57
Status
Complete
4 Feb »

Transaction posted for US$629.57.
GOOGLE *Nexus One will appear on your billing statement.
Qty Item Price

Nexus One phone
$529.00

Nexus One Desktop Dock
$45.00

AC adapter
Country-specific AC adapter
$19.00

Shipping
DHL international

$36.57
Tax
$0.00
Total
$629.57"

Last edited:
Caporegime
Scratching is fine but the cracking along the screen because of said crack is very worrying :(

Dreading the drop tests, can't see the glass withstanding the shock at all.

The bending is very worrying too, it seems incredibly weak to every other phone even the iphone 6.

Wondering if google/huawei might fix/improve this area with future batches?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, now I'm worried. Mine is still on pending so have time to change my mind. I have mobile insurance and will buy a case so should be fine, but really worried about it bending in jeans pockets...

Associate
Thing is you don't know how extreme he was with the bending. There was no comparable measure just his opinion. Though yes, the scratch and then crack is bad.

Soldato
Looking at the pressure "wobble" on his hands when he bends it suggests he's applying quite a lot of force to get it to bend like that. Still not good but hard to guage if its going to be a real issue or not

Associate
Surely the crack in the glass would make the phone structurally weaker? If that is the case, then he should bend it without a crack in the glass.

Associate
Wishing Nexus protect was available but generally not too concerned about the bending thing, I have plenty of friends with an I phone 6 and none of them have had any problems.

Does seem annoying that as nexus protect isn't available at launch in the UK, early nexus adopters are precluded from it :-/

Back
Top Bottom