**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Man of Honour
Not just the batteries, I mean the whole tech involved in it. I assume USB C opens up the opportunities for these advances.

It does, up to 100watts

When phones are making full use of tyoe-c, we will see QC in its deathbed in a couple of years.

QC is a short term thing whereas tyoe-c is the natural standard USB is evolving into. Just so happens the 6P is the first to hit the mass market with it on a phone.

I'm ignoring the One Plus Two, because it doesn't represent much.

The 6P is gimped though, they could have made it charge even faster, and given it USB 3.1 transfer speeds, but then there would be no room for next year's extras...

Last edited:
Soldato
Like most tech, early adopters (devices) usually don't make the most of what can be done. I look forward to all devices making the switch though and we start to see the full potential.

Can't remember if I posted them already, I added a few more sample photos from the Nexus 6P.

I'm really quite torn over the device. Comparing to the Note 5, the video (camera) wobble and battery are the concerns.

Soldato
It does, up to 100watts

When phones are making full use of tyoe-c, we will see QC in its deathbed in a couple of years.

QC is a short term thing whereas tyoe-c is the natural standard USB is evolving into. Just so happens the 6P is the first to hit the mass market with it on a phone.

I'm ignoring the One Plus Two, because it doesn't represent much.

The 6P is gimped though, they could have made it charge even faster, and given it USB 3.1 transfer speeds, but then there would be no room for next year's extras...

6p & 5x are USB type C but they are only USB 2. Not 3.1 so you don't get all the features of power and that fast data.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/general/usb-type-c-vs-usb-3-0-3-1-vs-usb-2-0-t3221676

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Which is what I just said... :p

Plus, you can have USB 3.1 speeds, but not the power delivery, and vice versa in Type-C. Just so happens the new Nexii don't have 3.1 or the higher power delivery input.

It was early :p

I'm a bit peed it doesn't support QC2/3, I've just got a portable QC battery pack for my n6 and its amazing. Now I have to wait for Anker to release a type C one.

Associate
so i've got the nexus 5. what do i need to do to my sim to get it ready for 6P? can i go into ee and get a new sim sent while still having this one useable until the swap over? Can I cut it down, and if cut badly, get a new sim instantly as this is a work phone i can't be without a sim for a day.

will the base of this item be useable, i just need a usb b to c cable?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TPWSX6M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I cut mine from Micro to Nano. There are guides on the net. Take off less, not more, then cut to fit the holder. But I found its remarkable easy on my first try. Use sharp scissors to get a clean cut and take your time.

With regards to activation, Three said if I wanted a new sim they could activate in stores immediately. I'm not sure about EE's policies but I expect they can do something similar.

Associate
For anyone still on the fence about the 6P, here is my brief review:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1276928-nexus-6p-review/

Great review... really balanced and honest.

I am a bit concerned about battery life, PhoneArena and now you have reported the same short life when in use... likewise the mainline reviews touting 3-4 hours SOT as "good" performance for the 6P.

I have my 6p on order... but my Note 4 has been behaving very well since 5.1.1 and battery is a huge factor for me (i regularly carry a spare as Im out all day) still not sure on whether I should upgrade/switch.

Also that shot of Chrome is one of those ongoing frustrations I have... on screen buttons eating up space...why doesn't Chrome have an immersive mode yet google!?

Caporegime
Great review... really balanced and honest.

I am a bit concerned about battery life, PhoneArena and now you have reported the same short life when in use... likewise the mainline reviews touting 3-4 hours SOT as "good" performance for the 6P.

I have my 6p on order... but my Note 4 has been behaving very well since 5.1.1 and battery is a huge factor for me (i regularly carry a spare as Im out all day) still not sure on whether I should upgrade/switch.

Also that shot of Chrome is one of those ongoing frustrations I have... on screen buttons eating up space...why doesn't Chrome have an immersive mode yet google!?

Imo unless you really want stock android/nexus device and/or front facing stereo speakers or just fancy a change, I don't think it is worth switching unless you can a good price for your note 4.

Yeah hopefully an update will will help with battery life as supposedly there is a battery drain bug with marshmallow for some users.

Tbh I am surprised that Google haven't implemented an immersive mode for chrome yet, saying that I can see them revamping the on screen buttons with a future android update, possibly something along the lines of the custom rom from parandroid I.e. PIE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom