*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

4.2 now on:

nexus76.jpg

After failing miserably to buy a Nexus 4, suddenly thinking about keeping old phone for calls and adding Nexus 7 with 3G.

Most my use is at home or work - diaries, astrid, internet.

So trying to weigh up whether the smaller unit convenience, carry in pocket at all times and camera benefits outweigh the increased screen of the 7.

Anyone use it out and about as their main device?

I don't have a Nexus 7 but I do have a Note 2 on jelly bean and Sky Go doesn't work on JB at all yet.

Its shocking from Sky tbh. They are consistently 1 or 2 versions behind what is current :(. I was hoping it was just a Play store restriction and you could side load it, but seems not :(

Why oh why is Iplayer so awful on Android, it really does ruin the experience for me.

Main reason I ended up getting an iPad mini for the GF - she likes to download shows from there for her commute to work.

No chance of that happening on Android anytime soon so had to stump up the extra.

it's not playing well with some of my Apps & its killed Apex Launcher :(

Just use normal launcher for now or Nova (have tested and it works ok).

I've put 4.2 on my Nexus 7. While it has indeed killed Apex for now, I am just using the default launcher. It now has the ability to resize widgets (tho not all of them might I add). The Daydream feature is just awesome tho. I can see myself having plenty fun with that :D

Overall, it does feel a little sluggish in places, but I am sure as time goes on and more and more updates for certain apps appear, all should be fine :)

Quite enjoying 4.2 at the mo.
Always nice to tinker with something new.

But I only get the option for 3 widgets on my lock screen. Clock, calendar and email.
Does anyone else see more or how do I get more ??

Back
Top Bottom