**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
Why call google? They can't do anything. Blame lies with the courier.

I'm not then courier's customer, Google is. I'm Google's customer who you would hope would want to keep me happy after this ridiculous experience. As I said, I don't even know what I thought they might do. Magic another one to be delivered to my work address. Offer some Play Store Credit by way of apology. Suggest if it doesn't come in the next couple of days they would deliver it on Saturday (I explained I'm at work all week) at no cost to me. I thought there might be options, but no, nothing.

At present, I'm off next Monday, so I see if I get lucky tomorrow, otherwise I either a) cancel/let it go back to Google or b) ask for a Monday delivery. Normally I would have asked them to keep at depot and go and get it... but that's not worked and I don't want to risk trying again and wasting a few more hours.

Associate
Does anyone know what the deal is with the free home mini things that were free to people who pre ordered?

Google order: code redemption 14-28 days after delivery
EE order: ships with the phone or code as above, depending on wind direction
CPW: a fight to get one, possibly (based on mate having to argue with them)

I'm prepared to be corrected though!

So I'm being mucked about by UK Mail. Even though I'd selected the option to pick up from depot, they tried to deliver it, just as I've drive 40 minutes to collect from depot. I've now been here almost 90 minutes... 6 different people have been here to collect things and not one has left with there full order.

Funnily enough we did the exact same thing and had the exact same issue. Turned up at depot to find its been taken out for delivery which I missed due to work.

The guy was a bit more helpful for me and told me that they can't hold items at depot if they are mobiles. They have to card first then hold. Make of that what you will be he said it happens daily. You select hold at depot, it goes through and UK mail still attempt delivery. You should have had text updates saying its out for delivery today and missed you

Soldato
Google order: code redemption 14-28 days after delivery
EE order: ships with the phone or code as above, depending on wind direction
CPW: a fight to get one, possibly (based on mate having to argue with them)

I'm prepared to be corrected though!

Ha ha that sounds correct. Mine from EE was certainly shipped with the phone

Soldato
So I received mine yesterday and current thoughts are... It's a shame about the screen. There is definitely a noticeable blue shift in use and black crush (especially noticeable when I checked my CCTV at night). This is disappointing on a £800 phone. However it otherwise is very nice on early impressions.

Soldato
You should have had text updates saying its out for delivery today and missed you

This is another annoying thing. If I'd got a text in the morning, saying it would be delivered 4:30 to 5:30 or something, I would have just gone home and waited.

I guess now they could be holding it for collection, although the tracking info still says 'Expected delivery 14th Nov'. I've got a few hours until work, do I risk heading over and trying again? How annoyed would I be if while I'm heading over there, they try and deliver at home!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Strange. Could be to do with the assistant language settings and whether the services are available in that region; take it you are set to English (UK)? I have been set to English (US) for in the past to try and trigger the assistant update; not sure whether that has anything to do with my additional services. They appear fairly standard though and I'd expect the UK assistant to have them.

Yea English (UK).

Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit: I've restarted the phone and I have a lot more now, no music though. I'll do some more tinkering later and see if I can get it to appear.

Associate
Funny this talk about ukmail, my Pixel C tablet was meant to be delivered yesterday but I still haven't got it, although they say it's out for delivery today. They don't seem very good considering they are a DHL company.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I was just about to ask what cases are people using?

I really wanna go naked as I hate phone cases but I feel I should, at least for now....

Edit: Gone for the Spigen Thin Fit. Had them in the past and they are about as minimal as you can get.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got my mini he redemption email. Now ordered, I don't actually want it. So will either try and sell it or try and convince myself I need it in my life. It's doesn't have a battery right? So won't be able to just use it as a Bluetooth speaker?

Soldato
Soldato
So I took a chance, went over on the bike with the expectation already set they wouldn't be able to find it, but thankfully today's lady was much quicker and I was on my way home with my Pixel 2 XL within about 10 minutes.

Just recording the unboxing now but the flaming security update has taken about 15 minutes to download and install. I have about 30 minutes before work! Will get it edited tonight and uploaded. Expect an 11pm airing :)

Soldato
So I received mine yesterday and current thoughts are... It's a shame about the screen. There is definitely a noticeable blue shift in use and black crush (especially noticeable when I checked my CCTV at night). This is disappointing on a £800 phone. However it otherwise is very nice on early impressions.

For me the shift is only an issue on a pure white screen. Apart from that I think the screen is fantastic

Back
Top Bottom