**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
I would have thought branding isn't allowed on a Google phone, much like an iPhone? I understand its a little different over the water (where their 'carriers' have them pretty much held to ransom) but not here surely?

Associate
Weird thing on my 2xl today. The fingerprint reader has stopped recognising my presses on both index fingers.
I restarted the phone and it works with one finger and not the other and visa versa.

Associate
Someone on Reddit said that the pixel 3 launcher is in this security update. I couldn't see what the difference was based on the screenshot, but they did say the recent apps view was now faster / smoother.

Downloading now...

Associate
Ok following on from that I've done the update (took a surprisingly long time) and the only difference I can see is the search bar now is more colourful and has a direct shortcut for the assistant. A welcome change but I'm struggling to spot anything else and I think whoever said the recent apps was noticeably better is imaging things as it doesn't look any different at all.

Edit: ok it might be marginally smoother but the difference is hard to notice. I've also noticed that some icons that were not round before now are so I am assuming that Google have done something to ensure that icons that don't comply with the new design are forced to have the circle now which looks better.

One more observation it's now using the dark theme on the notifications panel even though it's set to auto and everything else is still light! Even if I pick light theme the toggles are still dark. Is anyone else getting this? I don't like that!

Edit 2: just discovered that the cause of my dark toggles is because the goofle messages app was set to dark. I've switched this to light and it's now working as expected. It would appear that this is overriding the system setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom