**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Didn't work for me on the Pixel 2. I assume it'd be the same on the 3.
Thanks. Only thing is Three never sold the pixel 2 but sell the pixel 3 so thought they may of activated it natively. But still not 100% sure.

Edit: just been on chat with three and pixel 3 doesn’t support WiFi calling natively on Three network. Have to use the in touch app. Shame really.

Last edited:
Associate
What reason are you going to give virgin for cancelling out of interest?

Phoned them this morning. Told them I had decided to stay with my current provider and wanted to cancel under the cooling off period T&C's.
They spent a few minutes trying to offer me a better rate etc but they processed the cancellation without issue.

Associate
Think I'll just return my faulty one to Curry's for a refund then and go elsewhere, then.

What was wrong with it? Is there a quality issue with pixel 3 on a whole? The one I got had a gap on top of the phone so that’s going back on Thursday , google has sent me 2 different rma labels in the space of 4 days now I wonder when I am going see my money returned lol

Soldato
What was wrong with it? Is there a quality issue with pixel 3 on a whole? The one I got had a gap on top of the phone so that’s going back on Thursday , google has sent me 2 different rma labels in the space of 4 days now I wonder when I am going see my money returned lol

Mine is having the screen flashing issue when waking the display; could be software or hardware but for piece of mind I consider it a fault. Still happy with the phone apart from that.

Must admit that I've got myself in a muddle with all these deals, didn't expect that CPW offer with the one month contract, for example.

Associate
Mine is having the screen flashing issue when waking the display; could be software or hardware but for piece of mind I consider it a fault. Still happy with the phone apart from that.

Must admit that I've got myself in a muddle with all these deals, didn't expect that CPW offer with the one month contract, for example.

It seems like every time I settle on getting one from one retailer another one just does it a bit cheaper , I was 100% sure I would order from John Lewis for £589 but then cpw have put it down to £589 also now so I would rather buy from there.

Associate
I would as swell but I have previously had problems with virgin mobile not cancelling my contract even though I was in 14 day period I called around 3 times until finally it was cancelled. Also kept eyes on credit file for a few months just in case.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you've have to wait to cancel the Virgin SIM 1 month contract? CPW guys told me I have to wait until after 14 days?
They having you on

You cancel the day you receive your phone and sim

If you want you can enter the sim into the phone and call customer services or call using landline. Make no odds really.

But do not wait till after the 14 days! You cancel under the cooling off period.

I would call day 1, then day 7 to confirm it’s all cancelled and then Day 13 again to confirm again.

Soldato
Mate if John Lewis is ever in the same price range buy from them! Warranty is always better and you are treated with respect if you do have an issue. That goes for any product especially electronic devices which often come with free enhanced warranty. 2 years standard on laptops for example.

Associate
Mate if John Lewis is ever in the same price range buy from them! Warranty is always better and you are treated with respect if you do have an issue. That goes for any product especially electronic devices which often come with free enhanced warranty. 2 years standard on laptops for example.

I understand with cpw they have a store near me so if some hardware issues I can just go there and sort it out straight away with John Lewis I would have to send device off. I have learnt from dealing with google store that sometimes online retail is just as bad a high street retail.

Back
Top Bottom